• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drew4x4
    • Nov 2008

High Idle speed on start up?

Hi All,

I've recently had the 75K service done and I'm pretty sure they did some sort of software upgrade, since then when starting cold in the mornings the revs pic up to about 1500rpm for about 10 seconds and then drop down to normal.

It's not a huge drama just thought it was unusual for it to start doing this after 75,000kms?

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    2008 NS Pajero LWB Platinum DID,
    -ARB Dual Battery-ARB Fridge-ARB Compressor-ARB Rear Locker-OME 2"Lift -ARB Deluxe Bar-9000lb Warn Winch-Safari Snorkel-Aux Fuel Tank-IPF Driving Lights-Uniden UHF-Rhino Full length Roof Rack-Iron Man Awning-Diff breathers-Jayco Expanda Outback
  • robeggy
    • Apr 2008
    • Nelson Bay

Fast idle.

Petrol or Diesel ?
    Rob

Comment

• drew4x4
      • Nov 2008

Diesel
      -ARB Dual Battery-ARB Fridge-ARB Compressor-ARB Rear Locker-OME 2"Lift -ARB Deluxe Bar-9000lb Warn Winch-Safari Snorkel-Aux Fuel Tank-IPF Driving Lights-Uniden UHF-Rhino Full length Roof Rack-Iron Man Awning-Diff breathers-Jayco Expanda Outback

Comment

• scarecrow73
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2008
        • Sheidow Park SA

Originally posted by drew4x4 View Post
        Hi All,

I've recently had the 75K service done and I'm pretty sure they did some sort of software upgrade, since then when starting cold in the mornings the revs pic up to about 1500rpm for about 10 seconds and then drop down to normal.

It's not a huge drama just thought it was unusual for it to start doing this after 75,000kms?

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers,
        Andrew
        Yep. Had my 135,000 done a week or so ago and same thing. It doesn't happen all the time but every now and then, idles about 1200 for a second or so then settles down. Wondering if I should take it back just to check. Other than that was really happy with the service, drives like new.
        SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
        2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )

Comment

• Sandgroper
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Perth

Hi Andrew,

I had an ECU update done recently to try and fix a problem that turned out to be the SCV. Since the update mine idles high on cold startup too. It must be part of the update.

Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

• drew4x4
            • Nov 2008

I 'll give them a call on monday and ask the question. Not sure about you guys but mine worked perfectly fine before so I'm unsure why they would change something like that, might have something to do with colder climates???

Comment

• scarecrow73
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2008
              • Sheidow Park SA

Originally posted by drew4x4 View Post
              I 'll give them a call on monday and ask the question. Not sure about you guys but mine worked perfectly fine before so I'm unsure why they would change something like that, might have something to do with colder climates???
              Let us know how u get on. I've been meaning to give them a buzz but mine seems to do it intermitantly so haven't bothered as yet.
              SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

Comment

• drew4x4
                • Nov 2008

Spoke to the service department today and they have'nt heard from anyone else aboout this and were not aware of it. He went on to say that he did not believe it would be part of a software update. They did offer to take the car over night and check it over when its cold but I'm not that concerned about it at this stage.

Comment

• scarecrow73
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • Sheidow Park SA

Suppose that's the typical response from any type of dealer. Strange then that a few have mentioned it starting immediately after a software update/service. I am damn sure that mine NEVER did it prior to bring updated. Might check with my dealer and see what response I get.

Comment

• scarecrow73
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • Sheidow Park SA

Checked with the dealer today and was told that it was probably part of the update that got done. Stated that the update would bring the NS software up to date with the NT/NW software. The service lady said that the NT that she was driving revved high on start up so that would be the answer.

They said as long as there are no warning lights there wouldn't be anything to worry about. Wonder if they will be so blasé if/when my engine craps itself and I want it fixed owing to a software issue??

Comment

• cbass
                      • Nov 2011
                      • South of Perth

Yeah interesting, mine was due for the update or reflash as well, so I asked what did it do because its running fine. Not one of the service people at MM could give me an explanation. Apart from saying it is just an update.
                      So saved myself 500 bucks and took it to my usual service bloke.
                      07 NS DID VRX, 18" MT STZ's,Dual Batt,6mmsq Power to 3 Rear Outlets,Electric Brake Controller,GME UHF,Ando Plug,Bush Skinz,Engle,V-cold Beer,ARB Delux Bar,IPF's, OME lift,Nitro Charger Sport Shocks,Chipit chip,EGR block,EGT guage,Scanguage,DPF delete,Auto Lock up kit....

Comment

• placido
                        • Dec 2009
                        • NSW South Coast

ECU update

When I had my high temp sensor in dpf replaced (september 2012) the dealer did an ECU upgrade as well, they said it was aimed at fine tuning the EGR to improve problems in that area.
                        2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• martinjsto
                          • Mar 2010
                          • Northampton

old thread but did anyone find out about this high idle at startup. i had my NS diesel software updated recently to the NT and had no issues for over 5000km but then it started high idle for around 5 seconds on cold start a few days ago, if it was due to update why didnt it do it from the moment it was upgraded?. I have dpf removed, modded CPU by Robert, egr blank hole in throttle plate, swirl valve ball bearing mod and a manual boost controller, new SCV, map sensor and cleaned both inlet manifolds the car actually runs better than new apart from this start up, personally i dont think it is good for any motor to rev b4 oil pressure is up, bad idea lucky i can use good oil now.
                          any further discoveries guys?
                          Martin
                          Last edited by martinjsto; 25-05-14, 05:19 PM.
                          Martin Stone

2008 NS Pajero 3.2 DID duel batteries, Duelers D697 LT, ARB bar, Runva 11XP winch, lovell and Bilstien 50mm suspension upgrade, full ERG block , 12mm hole in throttle plate, SS particle filter delete pipe, Pro Vent oil catch can. Chip Tuning CPU reprogram, Dawes Valve boost solenoid bypass, LED light bar and spotties and foxwing awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X