• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dug1
    • Jun 2011
    • Far South Coast NSW

Ultragauge Set Up for ATF Temp

Hi all,

I know this has been covered in a couple of threads but could someone please provide a simple guide on how to set this up.

I have had UGs for quite a while now but have never set up what looks like a custom gauge.

I have a 2017 NX and would appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks
  • Caggs
    • Jun 2017
    • Melbourne

Do you have the wired or Wireless Ultragauge ?? For the Wireless Ultragauge Blue, you need to go into the settings on the and scroll down to the Custom Gauges and download the Custom gauges (it uses the info it detected for your vehicle using the VIN.

Once you have downloaded the Gauge, you then need to Test it. I didn't work for me until i had tested it - The test button is at the top right of my phone screen.

I hope this helps

Comment

• terryfirma
      • Oct 2007
      • Clare S.A.

I used this link to set up my Ultragauge https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=45507
      There are other links on the forum but this one had a few photos that made it easier to follow
      Cheers
      Terry
      NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
      ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

I got the ATF info from the forum as well. I have readings for the pan temperature as well as the temperature after it comes out of the TC.

Here's the settings I used.....
        Attached Files
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Poita
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          I got the ATF info from the forum as well. I have readings for the pan temperature as well as the temperature after it comes out of the TC.

Here's the settings I used.....
          Nice! I have the first one I think, I grabbed the settings from a thread on here. But the second one looks interesting. Much difference in temperature?
          NW VRX MY2013
          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Those photos show offset of FFD8, which is effectively subtracting 40 from the number received on the CAN bus.

For the Gen 4 Aisin transmission m_and_m found the offset should be -50, or FFCE, which is also the offset used by Torque Pro.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dug1
              • Jun 2011
              • Far South Coast NSW

Thanks so much guys. I finally have a couple of days off work so will have a crack.

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                Those photos show offset of FFD8, which is effectively subtracting 40 from the number received on the CAN bus.

For the Gen 4 Aisin transmission m_and_m found the offset should be -50, or FFCE, which is also the offset used by Torque Pro.
                Thanks for that, I checked back to the thread where Marshall posted his settings and you're correct, they are different from mine in the offset. I'm not sure where I got mine from but I thought they were from Marshall. Maybe I just wrote them down wrong.

I've been getting ATF readings which seem to be what others are seeing, as in around 60-80 depending on outside temperature or if I'm towing or not.

The question is, if I've got the offset wrong, will that change those readings dramatically? I assume it will change by 10?

I'll alter mine to what Marshall has and see what difference it makes.

Here are the pics from Marshall.
                Attached Files
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

First thing in the morning, before you actually start your engine, wait for your Ultragauge to connect and show numbers. Coolant, intake air and transmission temps should all be the same.

Attached Files
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                    Thanks for that, I checked back to the thread where Marshall posted his settings and you're correct, they are different from mine in the offset. I'm not sure where I got mine from but I thought they were from Marshall. Maybe I just wrote them down wrong.

I've been getting ATF readings which seem to be what others are seeing, as in around 60-80 depending on outside temperature or if I'm towing or not.

The question is, if I've got the offset wrong, will that change those readings dramatically? I assume it will change by 10?

I'll alter mine to what Marshall has and see what difference it makes.

Here are the pics from Marshall.

These are what I am running in my NW Ian and have done for quite a while.....I altered after some one posted this display up....possibly Marshall. I recall about an 8 degree difference. Hard to say...
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      These are what I am running in my NW Ian and have done for quite a while.....I altered after some one posted this display up....possibly Marshall. I recall about an 8 degree difference. Hard to say...
                      Thanks Dicko.

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      First thing in the morning, before you actually start your engine, wait for your Ultragauge to connect and show numbers. Coolant, intake air and transmission temps should all be the same.
                      I checked this morning and both my ATF and Pan were reading exactly 10 degrees above the coolant ! I reset the gauges back to what MM had and now they all read the same. It looks like my trans temps were even lower than I was thinking, which is great. Thanks for picking it up from my pics and the advice to check when cold.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Don't want to high jack the thread but is F 50 correct for the Jatco box in the NS?

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                          Don't want to high jack the thread but is F 50 correct for the Jatco box in the NS?
                          I'm not sure. -40 is definitely correct for some vehicles, but I dont know if the NS is one of them. Have you tried checking temps first thing, before starting the engine?

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dug1
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Far South Coast NSW

Hi all, thanks again for the responses. Just realised what my issue is- I have an Ultra Plus not an MX. I normally would have ordered the MX but the purchase process would not accept my order at the time if I didn't select a pre-programmed set up option for a listed vehicle.

I now realize that I should have selected any vehicle a wiped it when setting up for the Paj.

Thinking of ordering an MX and selling the Ultra Plus rather than sending it back for an MX upgrade.

Comment

• Dug1
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Far South Coast NSW

Received the Ultragauge MX (once again only took 4 days). Set up M gauge for ATF temp at the converter using the FFCE code for my gearbox. All working well. Haven't had time to do reference checks as it's been freezing cold but seems to be on the money.

Is it best to take the reading at the converter or the pan just out of interest

Thanks again!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X