• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

OK, I didn't watch the video, only read the text & looked at the images. Subtracting 14.7 from the boost readings makes more sense, other than for the "no controller" run. What happened there?

The "96.5%" pedal on the no-controller run is another variable. On that run, the engine ECU didn't see your foot as flat to the floor, which also appears to be reflected in the maximum load reported - 7x % vs 6x %. On my NT, my engine load peaks about 82% - it would be nice to know why yours is lower.

My NT reports 100% pedal when I go flat, so some models can do it. It would be nice to understand what happened / is happening there.

It would also be nice to see a "control" run at beginning and end of testing. "Without Controller" would make most sense (to me) for the "control run" - do a run without the controller, do various runs with the controller, do a final run without the controller again. Check to see if anything else is happening, such as engine / drivetrain heating up, sensors heating and reporting different values to the engine management system. Intake air temperature would also be good to know - hotter intake is less dense = less oxygen = less fuel injected.

You've opened a can of worms here.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• denmonkey
      • Oct 2017
      • Newcastle NSW

cheers Benny.

Could be right but like you said it means the no controller is an odd result.
      I'm wondering if that's how it convinces the ecu to provide additional fueling etc for the increased throttle inputs or the like.
      Anything is a guess at this point but hoping someone will come along with some info that answers the questions.

NJ as per above on the boost.

When you say yours 'reports' is that using the same torque app to get the readings?

My tests weren't scientific nature as such with sample numbers of only 1 per group kinda leaves it open to error but time didn't allow me to run multiple tests on the day.
      I'd like to encourage others to do the same and share their results for comparison.
      It would be interesting to see it across a number of vehicles and test methods to be able to pu this one to bed once and for all.

cheers Brett

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
        NJ as per above on the boost.

When you say yours 'reports' is that using the same torque app to get the readings?
        Yes, Torque Pro displaying "PedalE" (whatever "E" means).
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

Thanks NJ. I don't know either.

I know there are a few options but this was the one that seemed to give the correct results when operating the throttle.

Can I ask how your finding the stats on Trans temps ? and if you're ok with them, how did you acheive it.

I got the mistu add on and altered the chrysler settings to get it. Still not 100% sure on it.

It does raise temps as expected and lower the same but I'm not overly confident in the actual temps given.

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
            Can I ask how your finding the stats on Trans temps ? and if you're ok with them, how did you acheive it.
            Trans Temp is probably the parameter I watch more than any other.

I originally set it up based on information found on this forum, and have had to input the parameters a few times as I've changed phones over the years. I set it up as a custom PID from scratch, but I expect modifying the Chrysler settings will get the same results. The following thread is just one of many here that contains the relevant information:

Watching the behaviour of the temperature, I've never doubted that it's correct. Then m_and_m started pulling apart OBD_2 signals, and only gave me more confidence in the settings. He also identified that using formula "g-50" gives transmission pan temperature, which I also monitor, and the relationship between the two as the torque converter locks and unlocks reinforces my conviction that the numbers are good.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• denmonkey
              • Oct 2017
              • Newcastle NSW

cheers mate.

I read the other thread inside and out but didn't spot that one.

I'll get in and try those settings and see how it goes.

I'd been using f-50 for the equation. will try g-50 and see what results i get.

I take it by your reference to M&M you have the lock up kit.

I'm all but ready to pull the trigger on one. If you have it, how have your results been ?
              Since I've added a heap of weight to my paj and tow, I wanted to try it to lower fuel usage.

cheers Brett

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

There are two temp sensors in the Aisin transmission. One measures the temperature of the oil in the pan, or sump, which is damped by cooled oil returning from the transmission oil cooler. The other sensor captures oil on its way to the cooler, presumably after it's left the torque converter, and will climb quickly (much more quickly than the pan temperature) when the transmission is under load.

The "pre-cooler" temperature is the important one to monitor, and this is the "f-50" formula. The pan temperature is "g-50", which I monitor more out of interest. If you're only going to watch one temperature, use f-50.

Lock-up. Yes, definitely. I originally made my own, but m_and_m offered me a lockup-mate to help with his testing, and it's immeasurably better than my solution.

I have an aftermarket valve body which sharpens the shifts, and light throttle shifts with the torque converter locked become wearying, so I don't leave mine on all the time like some others do. But cruising on the highway, or having fun in the Victorian High Country, I wouldn't want to be without one.

Definitely better fuel consumption with it. I've never attempted to prove it one way or another, but I'd be very surprised if the fuel savings wouldn't pay for lockup-mate within a year or two.

I expect Automate will be better again.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• denmonkey
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Newcastle NSW

beaudy.

Just planning on the lockup mate not the auto.

I figure I will only be using it for towing or maybe offroad.

Either way, I'd be in sport for those.

Hope to grab it maybe before xmas.

I plan to do an install and review video.

much appreciated on the info on the kit and the app.

Comment

• DrewW
                    • Nov 2011
                    • Gold Coast

Controller for NS

Hi - I have just bought the 11 Drive Windbooster throttle controller off eBay, supposedly for my NS. I note from the video the NT booster has 6 male/female connections, the one I bought has 8. Yet gtautoparts website sells the Windbooster for Pajeros 07-17. Clearly if the NS has 8 connectors the NT one would not fit. My question is, has anyone fitted a controller to their NS, and, if so, did it have 6 or 8 connectors? Also for my NS, I don't appear to have a hope in hell of fitting anything unless I remove some plastic shrouding first. Any help much appreciated.
                    NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X