Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Has anyone tried the Fumoto Qwikvalve on their vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadowarrior
    • Jul 2010
    • Gold Coast

Have one for my FTO, and love it. Was going to order one for the Challenger.

Think F106N (for the nipple model) should fit the Challenger, need to confirm this .
    Titanium MY14 Challenger Auto, MM Steel bullbar, MM tow kit, MM foglights, MM carpet mats.

Comment

• wrexy
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Bakers Hill, WA

Just done my first oil change with the tap fitted. So much easier & cleaner and by using the drain plug on an oil filter filter supplied by Cullens it was 'No mess Charlie'. Best way to go as you can shut off flow to change drain pans before they become too full and slop all over the place. With the adapter it does sit a bit lower but I have just cut a hole in the bash plate so I can operate the lock & that saves having to remove the bash plate to do an oil change. A win-win situation all round in my opinion.
      MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
      Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• rykiel575
        • Sep 2017
        • Sydney

Hi guys
        thinking of getting this one here https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fumoto-O...kkxs:rk:1:pf:0

says i need an adaptor AL-106?
        2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Kingbrown
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Port Augusta - SA

Fumoto valve fits my PB Challenger without an adaptor.

Adaptor/extension is only required if the vehicle's existing drain plug is recessed.
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• rykiel575
            • Sep 2017
            • Sydney

Ok cheers
            2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
              • Feb 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
              Fumoto valve fits my PB Challenger without an adaptor.

Adaptor/extension is only required if the vehicle's existing drain plug is recessed.
              Question:
              The standard sump plug uses a crush washer part number 'MD050317' & the Fumoto uses an o ring seal (360 model F106SX) ... how/ what did you use between pan and the Fumoto?
              What part number Fumoto? as I'm keen to install one, Though I have the ARB bash plate installed so not sure of access/ clearance.
              Currently looking at the F106SX as swap out + ' ? ' to interface to the sump.

How has the Fumoto stood out for time with the O rings? Do you off road/ had any troubles with the retaining clip staying on/ perishing or loosing tension?

Cheers
              Kiwi
              PB Challenger (LS) Auto: Torque Pro, Automate, 3" Al bar, Stedi LED, Provent 200, Rhino rack, ARB Armour, Bridgestone AT
              Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 20-12-20, 12:24 PM. Reason: Clarify concern in relation to SX model

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

I fitted one to my NW about 3 months ago. Drilled a 50mm hole in the Bushskinz bashplate. . Also have a 300m extension hose that screws into the valve when I,m ready to do an oil change. Now I can leave the bashplate on and by carefully removing the oil filter I have a clean oil change... Use a rag around the filter as I have been known to drop a little oil..
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                  • Feb 2014
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                  I fitted one to my NW about 3 months ago. Drilled a 50mm hole in the Bushskinz bashplate. . Also have a 300m extension hose that screws into the valve when I,m ready to do an oil change. Now I can leave the bashplate on and by carefully removing the oil filter I have a clean oil change... Use a rag around the filter as I have been known to drop a little oil..
                  Nice!
                  I'm just looking at drilling the plate .... online now (looking for a swivel plate to cover the hole to protect the valve)
                  Q: was it the swivel type SX? as you say the hose screwed into it. How is the lock holding out.
                  I just dont want to have an engine knock when half way to no where, with a long black trail behind me as the fatal clue.
                  Cheers
                  Kiwi

Comment

• Kingbrown
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by Kiwi downunder View Post

Question:
                    The standard sump plug uses a crush washer part number 'MD050317' & the Fumoto uses an o ring seal (360 model F106SX) ... how/ what did you use between pan and the Fumoto?
                    What part number Fumoto? as I'm keen to install one, Though I have the ARB bash plate installed so not sure of access/ clearance.
                    Currently looking at the F106SX as swap out + ' ? ' to interface to the sump.

How has the Fumoto stood out for time with the O rings? Do you off road/ had any troubles with the retaining clip staying on/ perishing or loosing tension?

Cheers
                    Kiwi
                    PB Challenger (LS) Auto: Torque Pro, Automate, 3" Al bar, Stedi LED, Provent 200, Rhino rack, ARB Armour, Bridgestone AT
                    My drain valve (purchased 2012) is a F-106N. It has a nipple (N), onto which I slip my hose ;-)

The swivelling version (S) hadn't been introduced back then.

I used a copper washer to seal the valve against the sump. Don't recall there being an O ring but my memory is fading.

No sign on leakage from mine.

Plenty of outback touring on some pretty ordinary tracks. About 60% of my 150000km would be on the dirt. No problem with the valve.

The operating lever of the valve has to be pushed over a detent before it can then be turned into the open position. Plenty secure enough for me.

The hole in my bashplate is only the size of a garden hose. No need for me to have anything bigger.
                    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Garc
                      • May 2015
                      • Perth

Same as Dicko, I drilled a 50mm hole in my Bushskinz bashplate. Been using the valve for about 2 years with no probs. I use a small 200mm piece of clear hose on the valve when changing oil to direct the oil into a pan. Oil runs out slower than standard but gets there in the end. It all lives up above the bashplate
                      Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                        • Feb 2014
                        • Adelaide

Just ordered the F106SX from USA ($40AU), so will wait for its arrival via UPS
                        Different set up with o'ring seal, not washer.

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                          Same as Dicko, I drilled a 50mm hole in my Bushskinz bashplate. Been using the valve for about 2 years with no probs. I use a small 200mm piece of clear hose on the valve when changing oil to direct the oil into a pan. Oil runs out slower than standard but gets there in the end. It all lives up above the bashplate
                          Eggs ach ery!!
                          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Garc
                            • May 2015
                            • Perth

I got mine after watching a guy on YouTube who was using them on his backhoe so he could take small amounts out to get oil analysis done.
                            Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X