• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The thing that mystified me was that after a while, the 4 green lights would go out, leaving only the CD orange light flashing. This made me think it was an ECU problem, and eventually, although I could not clear the fault code myself, when I fitted tyres of the same brand and size, all problems went away.

Comment

• outback_dreamer
      • May 2012
      • Perth

Flashing centre diff light

Originally posted by erad View Post
      The thing that mystified me was that after a while, the 4 green lights would go out, leaving only the CD orange light flashing. This made me think it was an ECU problem, and eventually, although I could not clear the fault code myself, when I fitted tyres of the same brand and size, all problems went away.
      I had a similar experience today. After travelling 200km while driving in 4H all green wheel lights went out and the centre diff orange light started flashing. This happened just after driving at 80km/h over corrugations on the tarmac normally placed there to indicate one to slow down. I pulled over and selected neutral and moved the wheel selector to 2H. I then switched off the car and started it again. Two green rear wheel lights lit up and the flashing centre orange diff light disappeared. I then travelled another 50km in 2wd before selecting 4H again. After 50km still no alarms. Hope it stay that way...
      Pajero MW, Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Rhino roof Rack, Rhino Crossbars, Rhino SunSeeker2, RedArc BCDC1220, ICOM 440N radio, ARB bulbar

Comment

• Universal1
        • Apr 2010
        • Melbourne

Had a similar issue (NS Pajero) with flashing diff lights, wasn't able to select 4WD etc. Went on for ages, finally went to a sparky and it turned out to be the gearbox transfer case switches. They bypassed the switches (x 5), at the time they didn't know what they were called, and each time one was bypassed another would soon stuff up. Mitsubishi we saying they didn't have any, finally sourced the 5 switches from eBay for $60. So all good with that now.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X