• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bliquid
    • May 2020
    • QLD

Rear Driveshafts

Hi guys,

I've tried researching the answer myself, but no luck.

2007 3.2DiD NS Manual Pajero, V98W

1. Are the Rear L/R driveshaft axles from an auto, compatible with a manual? (Was told they weren't by wreckers)

2. Rear Prop shaft from an auto compatible with a manual?

Thanks for the help, appreciate it
    2007 3.2DiD Manual NS Pajero, V98W
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by bliquid View Post
    Hi guys,

I've tried researching the answer myself, but no luck.

2007 3.2DiD NS Manual Pajero, V98W

1. Are the Rear L/R driveshaft axles from an auto, compatible with a manual? (Was told they weren't by wreckers)

2. Rear Prop shaft from an auto compatible with a manual?

Thanks for the help, appreciate it
    1. Don't know, can't understand why they wouldn't be the same. Diffs would be different ratios, but would've thought diff centres would be the same. Diff lock vs non-diff lock would be different.

2. I doubt it. Razor recently tried to use a front prop-shaft from an auto in his manual - the length was wrong. Transfers are the same case, so if front output is in a different location then rear output must be too. So I would expect a difference in lengths between the two shafts.

However, his manual was NS, the auto was NW i.e. Aisin transmission, where NS had Jatco (petrol and diesel both had the Jatco). If the Jatco auto is the same length as the manual then the prop shafts might be the same lengths.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• bliquid
      • May 2020
      • QLD

Thanks for the reply.

Just checked on partsouq.com

1. The Auto and Manual both use the same part number for the driveshafts : 3715A139 so I guess they are compatible
      2007 3.2DiD Manual NS Pajero, V98W

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X