• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Flex in rear plastic around mudguard!

Was just going through my photos for a trip report I've just put up in the photography section (shameless plug - click here!) when I noticed these two pictures.

Amazing how much the "solid" plastic around the rear mudguard can flex! Notice how much the plastic is separating from the body as well due to the deformity. I think I've just worked out where the small tear in my mudguard came from any idea if there is something I can do to minimise this for future situations? I imagine there is nothing other than removing the plastic but I thought I'd put the question out there in case anyone had any bright ideas
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
  • watto
    • Jul 2009
    • Brisbane

Nice shots mate!! Might not help as much in ruts that deep, but I sliced the lowest portion (black rubber part - approx 3 inches) off the bottom of mine.. Helps in making the car look a little higher/sportier too.

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by watto View Post
      Nice shots mate!! Might not help as much in ruts that deep, but I sliced the lowest portion (black rubber part - approx 3 inches) off the bottom of mine.. Helps in making the car look a little higher/sportier too.
      Yeah I was wondering whether that would help, but I figured it would probably not be roadworthy and didn't want to be flicking rocks at people (no judgement implied).
      And cheers
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Gremblin
        • Jul 2012
        • brisbane

is it just me or am i right in saying that nl shape looks so much better in green

Comment

• TC.Barky
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by Gremblin View Post
          is it just me or am i right in saying that nl shape looks so much better in green
          Hah I prefer the blue but I'm a bit biased

Comment

• watto
            • Jul 2009
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
            Yeah I was wondering whether that would help, but I figured it would probably not be roadworthy and didn't want to be flicking rocks at people (no judgement implied).
            And cheers
            No dramas =), mine were half torn on both sides, right along the junction between silver and black anyway.

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by watto View Post
              No dramas =), mine were half torn on both sides, right along the junction between silver and black anyway.
              Yeah that's where mine are tearing too

Comment

• Gremblin
                • Jul 2012
                • brisbane

Hah I prefer the blue but I'm a bit biased

hahaha... i own a green 1

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Was just going through my photos for a trip report I've just put up in the photography section (shameless plug - click here!) when I noticed these two pictures.

Amazing how much the "solid" plastic around the rear mudguard can flex! Notice how much the plastic is separating from the body as well due to the deformity. I think I've just worked out where the small tear in my mudguard came from any idea if there is something I can do to minimise this for future situations? I imagine there is nothing other than removing the plastic but I thought I'd put the question out there in case anyone had any bright ideas
                  hi guys, great shots, correct me if im wrong, is there something different between mt gls paj and the green one here?
                  mine
                  2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• Gremblin
                    • Jul 2012
                    • brisbane

yea i see it

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Gremblin View Post
                      yea i see it
                      funny, if you look closely between the 2 vehicles in the first shot at the guard area where the pajero badge is on the front and the rear behind the mudflaps. can anyone pic it??
                      2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • Melbourne

You talking about the flares around the guard?

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2009

You talking about the flares around the guard?
                          on the front under the indicator and on the rear under the petrol flap.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • Melbourne

The extra bit of silver plastic around the edge of the wheel guard on yours? (before the flare) Aside from that and the flares themselves all I can see different is the body lift

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • Maitland, NSW

haha had me looking at it like one of those "when you see it..." pics on facebook
                              The guard goes all the way up on barky's and yours at the front
                              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X