Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Lift kit

Hi All,

I'm not going to be a competition driver but I would like to get the car slightly higher, seems the 50mm kits are the way to go even though you don't get 50mm of lift compared to what the car is likely at right now (although only 61k on it). I've read a lot of the threads and don't want to start any fights. I'm new and just want to get it a little higher off the ground for the lap next year.

I've looked at the kits online and watched a few videos of people and how they fit them and they look easier to fit than my old Pathfinder, but not as easy as the 60 series Hilux I had before that.

It looks too easy in fact. So I buy the kit (which ever one, but Lovells Springs and some mid spec shocks look to be the go for me as I'll be towing about 1500kg, at about 150kg tow ball).

What is likely to be needed once the lift is installed?

Wheel alignment? - where should that be done? Pedders? I assume it is a 4 wheel alignment as opposed to just the front.

Cheers, Andy.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Will definitely need a wheel alignment.
Never seen anything good written about Pedders.
The best place I found for a wheel alignment is a place that does trucks and 4WDs.

Terry
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.
Old 1 Day Ago

Will definitely need a 4 wheel alignment. I recently did my np by myself not to difficult. I went with Lovell springs and bilstein shocks paid $1285 on eBay.https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153052690724
Old 16 Hours Ago

Thanks for that, where did you get your wheel alignment done?

I'm going to try and get this done before what is left of the 6 week isolation period is through.

Cheers, Andy.