Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Challenger PB LS reversing camera wiring

Hi,

I'm looking for the reversing camera wiring on a 2012 PB challenger LS, I found the link to the service guide on the Russian link on here but it has no wiring schematics for it just some notes on it under the chassis information.

I'm just trying to get power for a different reversing camera but linked in so that it comes on when reversing activates. I couldn't see an easy path to run the video cable down to get power from the reversing lights as friends have done on other vehicles and I'm not sure about tapping into any wiring under the dash (the video extension has an extra power wire run through it so technically I could run the +V from the front of the car)

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

The Service Manual has schematics for the MMCS, including the reverse camera.
It's the last category in the whole listing (Circuit Diagrams)

Section 90 -> Mitsubishi Multi Communication System.
Pages 5/6 show the MMCS inputs & outputs.

The schematic for reversing lights shows the connection point for the camera/MMCS.

Last edited by Kingbrown; 1 Week Ago at 04:38 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

I'm currently trying to do something similar (overriding the stock camera on a PC) so I'm trawling through the wiring diagrams to see if I can figure it out.

Being a 2012 I'm assuming you're trying to connect to an aftermarket headunit or external screen of some sort and all you need is a reverse signal wire to get it turn on automatically?

If so its the Red/Green wire in C165 which I think goes into the back of the stock stereo.

If you go to the service manual. http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...1/index_M1.htm

Then select 90 - wiring diagrams
Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MMCS)
Third drawings down (Sheet 5) shows it connecting to C-165

Go to 80 - Configuration diagrams > Instrument Panel > C-165 is listed as Multivision display and the image shows it roughly inline with the stock CD player.

If for some reason it doesn't exist there on your model Sheet 11 shows the other plugs its in, C38 in the passenger side footwell looks fairly easy to get to.

I haven't had a chance to rip my dash apart and see if it can be accessed from there or if its even the right wire.\

Edit beaten by KB.
Old 1 Week Ago

Hi,

ok, thank you! I did look but I couldn't find it but I was on my phone. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions in addition to the below info I would be extremely grateful for it!!!

The camera just has positive, negative and video so I don't necessarily need the reverse signal, just the voltage linked in with the reversing power so it turns on I am guessing. I haven't really played with the camera with the headunit (Alpine ILX-W650-e) to see how it will automatically kick in but it has a wiring loom converter straight into the Mitsubishi so I am guessing the reversing wire hookup is already sorted. I was just trying to find an easy source of power that was somehow linked to the reversing but I guess I don't know how much power that loom has. Was hoping to have an option to turn the camera on or off on the rear view mirror but still have power to the new camera, I am worried that the camera power will turn off with the mirror switch. The new camera has a 2A fuse to run inline with it.

The other option is to run power via the video cable and just ground the negative to the chassis but I am not sure where in the headunit I can run the power from and also again about the reversing signal kick in. Guess I should hook up a 12 volt supply to the camera and see how it works in reality with the headunit and reversing. The camera is a Kenwood CMOS-130, it seems pretty basic.
Old 1 Week Ago

looks like the headunit (Alpine ILX-W650e) has inbuild wiring to the reversing sensor and will kick in when that does so I really only need to get some power to this camera. As I said I have a wire back to the headunit so if there somewhere easy to tap into there that would be cool?

Or if the existing camera is easy enough to tap in then fine but I'd prefer not to have the power cut all the time

thanks!!!
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Have you considered splicing into the reverse lights to trigger the camera to come on?
Reverse light comes on, camera turns on and sends a signal to the screen up front.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 1 Day Ago

Hey Amec,

I have except I致e run the power through the roof and I知 going to put it above the number plate. Getting the wiring up from the reversing lights at the bottom seems very painful.

I知 at the point where I really just need to figure out where in the dash i can pull power from for the reversing camera and I致e also run a cable to front of engine bay for a camera on the bullbar number plate.

Any ideas of a safe place to get power from? The reversing came with a fuse and I値l get one for the front.

Both power cables are in the passenger footwell, I知 going to ground the reversing at the boot I guess or will that not ground properly? And I知 sure i can find somewhere to ground the front one

Thanks!
Old 21 Hours Ago
Valued Member

If you're looking for power that's only live in reverse, there's a spare connector behind the radio and to the left a bit. To the right of the passenger's knee would be another way of describing the location.
The panel with the cigarette lighter can be popped out and you might be able to get your hand in there to feel for the connector taped to the loom.
It's a Red-Green wire, connector C-167.