Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 1 Week Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver
Default SSTT tour #2 Shayne's Find

Just after the inaugural tour, another one was undertaken. This time a 9 dayer out into the Great Victoria Desert.

https://youtu.be/CxLj1A0XroI

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago

Default SSTT tour #2 Shayne's Find

Great vid, we live in a great country. Nice new sign on the back of the ute, tax deduction maybe !! Offset the enormous cost of paying punters to risk their lives out in the bush with you !!
Getting smarter too, Nickles Knob by drone instead of sandals, and there's a reason your geocache was undisturbed - you're the only mad bugger that goes out there.
Cheers
Peter
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1533rl View Post
Great vid, we live in a great country. Nice new sign on the back of the ute, tax deduction maybe !! Offset the enormous cost of paying punters to risk their lives out in the bush with you !!
Getting smarter too, Nickles Knob by drone instead of sandals, and there's a reason your geocache was undisturbed - you're the only mad bugger that goes out there.
Cheers
Peter
pretty much lol to all of that

I do need to go back again, but have a dodgy ankle atm, maybe next season??

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I've just spent two weeks out there myself Shane. Had permits but weren't allowed to go through indigenous communities due to Covid. We carried all our own fuel and water for two weeks exploring! An exceptional place with much to see - will be going back. Great vid mate.
NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.
Old 1 Week Ago

Default SSTT tour #2

I stand corrected - there are two mad buggers

Cheers
Peter
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
I've just spent two weeks out there myself Shane. Had permits but weren't allowed to go through indigenous communities due to Covid. We carried all our own fuel and water for two weeks exploring! An exceptional place with much to see - will be going back. Great vid mate.
Nice one Onslow, I saw you were out there on insta. Pity about the communities though, you should be able to transit if not stopping or leaving the vehicle

155rl, make that 3 mad buggers. I just decided with John from that trip, we are going back to Shayne's find on the 24th.....hahah, suckers...

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago

God damn, I'm going to be busy.

I now have 2 months off work from the 17th August. Going back to Shayne's find (as above), probably hit the Pilbara for 3-4 weeks after that, I still have to finish the tour #2 video and I have 2 articles to write - One for Western 4wd'er mag and the second for the first edition of it's sister companion, Australian 4WDriver.

Still beats working

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago

Better be careful Shayne. There’s a YouTube bloke of the same name with a long advert for trips like yours. His look more organised though. 😉

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garc View Post
Better be careful Shayne. There’s a YouTube bloke of the same name with a long advert for trips like yours. His look more organised though. 😉
Its hard being an influencer....everyone wants to copy your stuff

NX build

My Journeys