Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
NVH, yes the Prado has the advantage but if NVH is a big issue, then a striping out of all the carpets and door trims then the application of Dynamat would go a long way to improving the Pajero. The dash cable tie mod will also help. If you were really concerned then dropping the roof lining and adding some Dynamat would also help.
Could it get close to a Prado? Most likely.
Could it be better than a Prado?
I have to disagree on this comment having done the full dynamat inside. I also added 10mm carpet underlay throughout the rear of the cabin and up the sides as far as I could and still getting the trim to fit. Did all 4 doors thoroughly as well. The only thing I didnít do was the firewall and the roof. It helped but still not prado like. Sound deadening is a different story and is very heavy and I wasnít prepared to add that much weight to my vehicle. A lot of the road nvH in Pajero seems to come from the front through the firewall, I was playing around with my different sets of tyres one day and with MTís on the rear and HTís on the front it was quiet but when swapped over it was very noticeable.
2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJV6 View Post
I have to disagree on this comment having done the full dynamat inside. I also added 10mm carpet underlay throughout the rear of the cabin and up the sides as far as I could and still getting the trim to fit. Did all 4 doors thoroughly as well. The only thing I didnít do was the firewall and the roof. It helped but still not prado like. Sound deadening is a different story and is very heavy and I wasnít prepared to add that much weight to my vehicle. A lot of the road nvH in Pajero seems to come from the front through the firewall, I was playing around with my different sets of tyres one day and with MTís on the rear and HTís on the front it was quiet but when swapped over it was very noticeable.

I saw a video talking about land rover with similar design and having better NVH. The mechanic specifically pointed out the bushings and suspension for the comfort however those parts had shorter lifespan. I am a mechanic noob but I am interested in improving the NVH of my paj I can confirm the noise and shake from traveling on uneven surface annoy me more.

looking to buy factory 17 rims
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for all your opinions.

From what I can tell on this unbiased Pajero forum is that from just about every metric the Pajero is a better option apart from NVH.

I guess I need to decide how much NVH I (or more to the point my wife) can put up with.

One question though I need answered based on Old Jack's comment is can you fit 17" rims to a NX Pajero?

Cheers
2010 GLX NT, Warm White Auto DiD, EFS Elite Shocks and Springs - 40mm Lift, MM Tow Bar, Tinted Windows, BFG All Terrain KO L/T Tyres, HEMA Navigator HN6, BOSS Auxiliary Battery Tray, Evakool 70L Fridgemate, Uniden UH7700NB, Bushranger Awning, Rhino Pioneer Platform, DRIFTA Drawer System, Bushskinz Intercooler/Sump/Transmission/Transfer Case Guards
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavey72 View Post
can you fit 17" rims to a NX Pajero?

Cheers
Yes.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago

"From what I can tell on this unbiased Pajero forum is that from just about every metric the Pajero is a better option apart from NVH."

Would agree with this assessment, but should add that the Toyota dealership network is second to none, and given the huge numbers of Prados sold compared to everything else, spare parts and the knowledge to fix them, is advantage Prado.
Pajero NS R SWB 2008, DiD, black, nudge bar, tow bar, TowPro, tint, Bush Skinz bash plates & sliders, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Lightforce XGT spotties, snorkel, UHF, Redarc isolator, SPV mod.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
"From what I can tell on this unbiased Pajero forum is that from just about every metric the Pajero is a better option apart from NVH."

Would agree with this assessment, but should add that the Toyota dealership network is second to none, and given the huge numbers of Prados sold compared to everything else, spare parts and the knowledge to fix them, is advantage Prado.

That's a sweeping statement.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:

I guess I need to decide how much NVH I (or more to the point my wife) can put up with.
Left field suggestion, see if you can get a drive of an NX and put it over a bit of rough stuff. Obviously you wont be able to go the full Russell Coight, but if you can find a couple of speed humps or pot holes, you may get enough of a comparison to your current paj.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Thanks for all your opinions.

F

One question though I need answered based on Old Jack's comment is can you fit 17" rims to a NX Pajero?

Cheers
Yes, but be aware many aftermarket 17" don't fit unless they have less offset, making them protrude a long way out, and sometimes not legal. Factory 17" with 46P offset from Pajeros do fit, but are hard to find.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Emms View Post
Left field suggestion, see if you can get a drive of an NX and put it over a bit of rough stuff. Obviously you wont be able to go the full Russell Coight, but if you can find a couple of speed humps or pot holes, you may get enough of a comparison to your current paj.

agree. I did a test drive on Prado, my personal reference is NVH on Prado is much better than Pajero. Me and my partner feel it immediately right after we start the Prado. I would vote Prado its huge network and better NVH.

Btw, the new Prado will get power upgrade, so I suggest OP to test both. But will the extra power make the engine more trouble will be another story.

looking to buy factory 17 rims
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJV6 View Post
Did you use the Original Dynamat or Dynamat Xtreme?
From my research the Dynamat Xtreme is the better product as it performs better and is about 10% lighter in weight. It is 3kg per m2 and a bulk pack has 3.344m2 as 9 sheets of self adhesive moldable deadening material. Not cheap at over $200 a bulk pack and you would need 1.5 to 2 bulk packs to do a LWB Pajero, so that is 15kg to 20kg of weight added. The real cost is in the time to remove all the seats, carpet, trim, apply the material and refit the trim.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .