Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 1 Week Ago

Default New Car information needed

Hello to you all.

Next week we pick-up our new GLX Pajero. Before adding extras what do you suggest I do beforehand.

One would be a weighbridge check to check all weights front and rear, ( should this be done with a full tank )?
Another will be to check all ground heights unladen, once again where do we take the measurements from and do we do this full of fuel.

Any other checks I must do before adding the bullbar etc.

I went the ECB bigtube bar with winch provision not only for its better looks but for weight. Not sure how it will hold up with the many roo's we contact, time shall tell methinks.

Regards, chris
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

I'd be inclined to do weights and measurements with a full tank as that's easiest to replicate - and it's probably quite representative of how you'll set off on a trip.

Suspension heights are typically measured at each wheel, from centre of the wheel to underside of the wheel arch, measuring vertically. This eliminates any variation caused by wheel size, tyre size or tyre pressure.

If you have the facilities (2 post hoist, big trolley jack?) I'd also like to know the same measurements at full droop, with each end off the ground e.g. both rears at full droop, both fronts at full droop. This should minimise any restrictions that might be added by the sway bars. It's not unusual for people to check these measurements with an older vehicle, or with new aftermarket suspension, but I don't think I've ever seen "factory original" measurements.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks SWB

I have a hoist so as soon as its home I shall get them measurements and repost on here for all to see