Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Default Snorkel pillar holes

My snorkel bracket has made it's way loose with the screws I used to mount it originally. I used a steel rivet in the top one as it stripped when I went to snug it up but that has now come loose too. The 2 remaining screws are borderline about to strip too. I have drilled through 2 layers and there looks to be a 3rd. Has anyone that installed their own drilled right through? I ideally don't want to pull it to bits to see if any wiring goes down that pillar or airbag associated bits but if I have to I will. If that goes ahead I'm debating what do I use, screws or steel rivets?
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

My Safari snorkel uses three plastic inserts that are pressed into the pillar outer skin. (Safari p/n 000-960)

The fasteners that screw into the inserts are still rock solid.

Have you considered rivnuts as an alternative fastening ?

As you have suspected, there are cables in the A pillar that you really don't want to damage. Airbag circuitry may be amongst them.

Last edited by Kingbrown; 1 Week Ago at 09:02 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Challenger Floor and Roof Wiring Layout ACA00416AB00ENG.pdf
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
My Safari snorkel uses three plastic inserts that are pressed into the pillar outer skin. (Safari p/n 000-960)

The fasteners that screw into the inserts are still rock solid.

Have you considered rivnuts as an alternative fastening ?

As you have suspected, there are cables in the A pillar that you really don't want to damage. Airbag circuitry may be amongst them.
Cheers KB I suspected the wiring ran down the drivers side...
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 1 Week Ago

I can't speak for your vehicle, but from what I have seen in others, the wiring loom is usually behind the plastic A pillar trim rather than inside the pillar itself
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel