Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Default Another Fraser tourist death.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...sland/12493052
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Yeah Shark got one other day, Dingoes get the odd one & Vehicle death from time to time.

Quite a few less deaths on Fraser though then say Aussie's in Bali every year, Scooter riding & bars clubs, drug imports etc.

BUT never fear the fun police will be out in force legislating more rules & taxes/ levies of course to keep us safe
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Mate from memory it's tourists that have no 4WD experience that are the problem.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Sad ☹️...
2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I just hope they don't make a whole bunch of new levies & rules again,

Usually it is someone having the time of their lives. With Fraser they put in quite a few education programmes for those hiring 4wd's which was a good thing & required in my opinion, just like Bali, it's the tourist on Sccoters that have no experience, even stupid enough not to wear helmets.

We all suffer the cosequences of stupidity unfortunately & sometimes it is just a tragic accident.

In any instance, like the local with wife & kids who were on the beach, eaten by shark at Fraser couple weeks back, quite tragic & quite selfish on his behalf i might add as he knew the risks.
Should not legislate against stupid.

https://7news.com.au/news/bali/frien...-true-c-605598
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Very sad.

If I had to guess, it would be the driver got sucked in by the long expanse of hard flat sand, and decided to drive faster - there is a reason the beach has a speed limit.

Even at the speed limit some of the creeks can catch you out, and then there are other random lumps & bumps in the sand ready to catch out the unwary driver.

Unfortunately, some don't learn from the mistakes of others, and don't get the opportunity to learn from their own mistakes.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I went to Fraser on a school excursion!! Fanging down the beach and went over a little spit, I went up to the roof, mates radio drifted under me on the seat, hit the rise after the dip following the little spit and I slammed back down with bits of radio flying everywhere! Driver didn't even see it, so didn't slow down. Similar thing would easily cause bad accidents if going faster or more severe
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

The other classic cause of accidents for the unwary and inexperienced is turning too sharply on deflated tyres. The tyre rolls off the rim which then digs into the sand and the vehicle rolls. Saw it happen a number of years ago to a troopy full of British self drive backpackers.