Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Air bag light

Hi guys, my airbag light won’t go out on a 2011 NT. When plugged into the diagnostic machine they can clear the light and it stays off until I switch the engine off and on again.
I had a rat inside the vehicle under lockdown which has taken a while to sort out a new loom for. They are making one in Japan and sending it out. The loom is for the wires under the centre console, the 4wd selector one.
I have hunted for a chewed wire from mr rat but cannot find anything at all, any suggestions as to the light not being on all the time but able to be extinguished?

Mr rat also chewed panels and pee’d everywhere, what a stink.
2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I wonder if the wires for the front seat side airbags might go through the damaged area? Also check under the seats.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Obviously there is still a fault in the system - Somewhere. My recollection of the diagnostics in my ICarSoft HNMII say that the diagnostics displayed each system e driver's airbag, Passenger front sensor etc. If you get a full diagnostic check, it may be able to pinpoint where the fault is for you.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Thank you, I have had the front seats out and examined the wiring there and checked all seatbelt pretensioners as well. The only think I cannot check is the inside of the steering wheel and anything up under the dash.

I shall try a full diagnostic check if I can find someone to do it.
2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...