• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liam75
    • Dec 2018
    • Goongong

17" Rims suggestions

Hi Guys and Girls,
    So wanting to change from 18" to 17' rims.
    Can anyone suggest a good brand to go for that won't break the bank?
    I, unfortunately, missed because I umm and erred on Gumtree that would've given me 5 genuine wheels.
    Would like to stick with alloy as to not break the bank.

Thanks
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Liam75 View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls,
    So wanting to change from 18" to 17' rims.
    Can anyone suggest a good brand to go for that won't break the bank?
    I, unfortunately, missed because I umm and erred on Gumtree that would've given me 5 genuine wheels.
    Would like to stick with alloy as to not break the bank.

Thanks
    Hi Liam,

Recently another forum member fitted CASA Raptor alloy rims 17x8 with a P45 offset, what I do not know is if they needed to use hub centric rings to reduce the centre bore of the wheel rim down to size.

OJ
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• DaKaptin
      • Mar 2012
      • Brisbane, Qld

There are a bunch of ppl running stock patrol rims.

Look it up i think there is a minor issue with nuts not sure of the fix but i hear its not hard and still legal??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
      2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by DaKaptin View Post
        There are a bunch of ppl running stock patrol rims.

Look it up i think there is a minor issue with nuts not sure of the fix but i hear its not hard and still legal??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
        Need to be careful with rim offset and centre bore diameters to reap main legal.

Pajero Gen 3 & 4 have P46 offset rims so you can legal go to P21 or any number between 21 and 46 as long as it is P, positive offset. However it is best to keep as close to the factory P46 offset, as you change the offset you change the scrub radius and the steering geometry, and this changes the handling characteristics as well as putting extra load on mechanical components like wheel bearings. P46 to P35 is the safest range.

With alloy rims, most are hub centric so the vehicle weight is taken on the rim hub and not the wheel studs. Many aftermarket or rims from other vehicle brands have a much larger centre rim bore so hub rings are required to increase the diameter of the hub so it matches the bore diameter of the rims.

Attention is also required to ensure the wheel nuts are the correct nuts for the rim being used.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Liam75
          • Dec 2018
          • Goongong

So if looking for any second hand rims to keep price down, what would the main things to look for?
          I don't understand offset but o understand to keep it around 46 - 35.
          What size do Gen 4 pajeros take on rim size? Would my best bet be 265/65r17 on a +46 offset, 7.5 inch rim? Alot I've seen are 17x8.

Thanks for the patience guys

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011

Did you see this post?
            17" factory alloys for $250 for a set of 5!

OJ.

Comment

• Lost1
              • Dec 2013
              • Melbourne

I have a set of 5 x 17 inch ML triton alloys in good nick that will fit your vehicle for $250 if you are still looking. I am Melbourne based.
              09 ML GLX-R 3.2L Manual. Bushskinz bash plates, 285/75x16 Kumho MT51 & 16x8 alloys, 3" exhaust, Dobinson MRR 2"lift, MCC Bar and Wheel Carrier, 12000lb ICM winch, Dual Batteries, Billet Turbo compressor upgrade, Brown and Davis LR tank.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Liam75 View Post
                So if looking for any second hand rims to keep price down, what would the main things to look for?
                I don't understand offset but o understand to keep it around 46 - 35.
                What size do Gen 4 pajeros take on rim size? Would my best bet be 265/65r17 on a +46 offset, 7.5 inch rim? Alot I've seen are 17x8.

Thanks for the patience guys

I grabbed a +31X8 inch rim fitted with a half worn highway 265/65/17 tyre to test fit on the spare wheel carrier. Could close the cover.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X