• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

PB Challenger offroad.

Yep get to play with an XLS over Australia Day Wknd . Will be putting it through some good tracks and see if it has more offroad prowness than the Paj .
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • GOSSAMER
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • doncaster east vic

lucky
    dont scratch it
    Back from the Dark side
    NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• paulisok
      • Oct 2009
      • Brisbane North Side

I can't beleive how hopeless mitsubishi are, here they are brining out this great new model which is exactly what I was looking for when I settled on the Pajero, and you are flat out finding one in the yards, I can't beleive they don't have them plastered in the most prominent postion in the lot. I drive past multiple MM yards and they have the Pajeros, Outlanders, Lancers out the front, and you can't even see a challenger except one ef them. It's like to me that they have bought out this new model but haven't got the production going to support it. I by no means think the Challenger will put a dint in the prado sales, but it is exactly what the market needs to fill the gap between SUV's and Larger 4WD's. Look at Toyota for example, they bring out a new model and flood every yard and the road now with them. Learn from them MM if you want to make a difference.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
      They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Not a lot of Challengers in the country at the moment but be a fair few coming in shortly.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• paulisok
          • Oct 2009
          • Brisbane North Side

thats my point, they bring out a new model but can't support it, that will just piss people off and make them go look elswere.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
          They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• 900canoes
            Valued Member
            • May 2008
            • FNQ

Appears like Mitsubishi are just taking orders for a big launch in a month or so. Has anyone actually driven one home yet?

I suspect Mitsui are waiting for Daves favourable report before the big launch!
            2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• BitsRmissin
              • Dec 2009

I drove a demo home and it fits the garage so I ordered one and it is due end of Feb or early March. Production may have just started up again in Thailand.
              Pajero Dakar, Pajero Sport, Montero Sport, Challenger

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Originally posted by 900canoes View Post

I suspect Mitsui are waiting for Daves favourable report before the big launch!
                Not to say it is going to be favourable. Truth beknown I haven't seen a Challenger in the flesh yet. Just haven't had time to look at one . I have a fair idea what they drive like on the road, it is my main interest to see what they are like offroad. More so if I am thinking of purchasing one down the track.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• cookie
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Perth

Mate saw a heap of them coming off the ships in freo on the wknd.
                  Yeah I wondered the same driving around over Christmas, was expecting to see the challenger up in lights at all the dealers and was keen to check one out. I only saw one locked up round the side of the dealer. I guess the general public aren?t as excited about the new challenger and most didn?t know it had been released until the adds came on tele. Seems to be the way of all manufacturers though to hype up the new model months before they have stock to sell. Latest prado and landcruisers where the same. Guess the justification is they are never sure how popular a new model will be.
                  2014 NW GLX
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

• kiwipajero
                    • Aug 2009
                    • South Island, NZ

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                    Guess the justification is they are never sure how popular a new model will be.
                    Probably so...buts theres only one way to find out aye!? Get em out there.
                    2000 NM SWB Exceed, Leather heated seats - aahhhhhhh, DVD/Pioneer sound system, 16" Advanti alloys, 32 inch Kuhmo Mudders, Custom 6mm alloy sump/trans guards, Safari snorkel, Rage Exhaust System, Thule roof racks, ARB winch bar, 9000lb winch, 60mm lift kit......what next???????

"We'll keep our cowsh*t in the country...You keep your bullsh*t in the city"

Comment

• Ballfyboy
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Brisbane

I think they did a "rush" launch to make use of the Rudd 50% depreciation allowance.

I was told that I could not take home any of the stock Challengers as that was all there was until late Jan and that they needed them for test driving.

Oh well, good things come to those who wait

I imagine once the first big deliveries come in late Jan early Feb MM will do a add blitz. I have yet to get my delivery date.....
                      NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

• yellowhornet
                        • Dec 2009
                        • Brisbane

Just been informed that ours will be PD on Friday so we should get it hopefully by next Weds or Thursday

Comment

• BitsRmissin
                          • Dec 2009

Just looking at the accessories catalogue, The Rear Air dam makes the car look pretty good, anyone getting that? Also there is the front air dam, which I am not sold on it.

The accessories I will be getting are
                          rear air dam,towbar,Rear spoiler,Ipod Adaptor for MMCs, Scuff plates and Cargo linder.
                          Pajero Dakar, Pajero Sport, Montero Sport, Challenger

Comment

• Pickle
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2007
                            • All over Oz

Asked Paul Gover on 3AW today what he thought of the Challenger. He said his wife drove it and it rattled
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• 900canoes
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2008
                              • FNQ

his wife drove it and it rattled
                              ... diesel?
                              2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X