Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

DCDC Charger in rear install? anyone done it? - cable path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimo82
    • Feb 2015
    • Sth Coast NSW

DCDC Charger in rear install? anyone done it? - cable path?

Hi all,

looking to install a ctek 20A DCDC charger in the rear of the challenger to service a 100ah auxiliary battery for 40L fridge duties (removable setup).

havent sorted mount position (may even be on battery box for now) but everything i read says as close to the battery being charged is better - which im fine with.

My question is has anyone rear mounted one and what is the easiest cable path through the fire wall to the rear?? guessing via kick panels then along trims under doors?
  • cookie9
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Central Coast NSW

I did similar thing, cables through firewall near steering column, there is an unused grommet there. under kick panels to rear cabin drivers side and mounted hardware hidden behind the panels. I can pop out the rectangle thing near the wheel arch to adjust wiring if needed. works great.

I have 100ah battery mounted just behind passneger rear seat infront of my drawers. It has shortstop fuse and anderson plug so I can remove if needed.

sorry cant find any pics of it, there are some on the forum somewhere.
    2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• ilikeachallenge
      • Feb 2017
      • victoria

Yep same as Cookie9 in my challenger.I just put a cut in the grommet in the engine bay and fed the cable through then behind the kick panels and under the sill trims to the rear
      2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

• Grimo82
        • Feb 2015
        • Sth Coast NSW

great, thanks guys, appreciate it.

Comment

• amec
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Wamberal

I followed the fuel lines from the battery and in at the grommet under the front passengers seat, then under the sill kick panels and back out at the wheel arch trim.
          A false floorholds the fridge slide and ply battery box which houses the battery, dc-dccharger, fuse block and solar changeover relay.
          The false floor assembly is removed in about 10 minutes, anderson plugs for the high current stuff and a multi plug for the accessories wiring.

Roasted 2 batteries under the bonnet before changing to this setup.
          PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Grimo82
            • Feb 2015
            • Sth Coast NSW

sounds like a great setup, got any pics kicking around?

yes heat was a major concern (for both battery and controller) - local auto elec cautioned under bonnet install of both.

Comment

• amec
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Wamberal

I think it was heat and vibration for the most part. And dodgey fuses.
              I will put some images up when i get home from work.
              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• amec
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Wamberal

Images dont include the solar changeover relay.
                50lt water tank goes between th ed battery box and the back seat.
                Four bolts hold it down. Spare wheel winch is easily accessed.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Grimo82
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Sth Coast NSW

Awesome thanks mate. The redarc is certainly a neater footprint then the ctek I've been looking at.

Comment

• PeterC51
                    • Dec 2015
                    • Melbourne

Lots of room to house a battery & charger behind the plastic on driver's side in rear of cargo area. I have some links somewhere about making a bracket for mounting the battery. Will post them if I can find them.
                    Peter
                    MY10 PB XLS auto, MML alloy bullbar, Dobinsons suspension 2" lift, Bushskinz plates, ARB aluminium roof rack, 2nd battery in rear guard, MML towbar, BFG A/T tyres, Clearview mirrors, 80 ch UHF, WaterWatch alarm, AutoMate, Steinbaur chip etc.

Comment

• PeterC51
                      • Dec 2015
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by PeterC51 View Post
                      Lots of room to house a battery & charger behind the plastic on driver's side in rear of cargo area. I have some links somewhere about making a bracket for mounting the battery. Will post them if I can find them.

Here you go:
                      Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Peter
                      MY10 PB XLS auto, MML alloy bullbar, Dobinsons suspension 2" lift, Bushskinz plates, ARB aluminium roof rack, 2nd battery in rear guard, MML towbar, BFG A/T tyres, Clearview mirrors, 80 ch UHF, WaterWatch alarm, AutoMate, Steinbaur chip etc.

Comment

• Jayctee
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Brisbane

Hi PeterC51 or anyone who could assist.
                        I cannot read the posted link to the Google photos.
                        Is there another way or link to view the pics ?? Thanks.
                        SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
                        SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto

Comment

• Jayctee
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Brisbane

No problem, all sorted, pics viewed on the pajeroclub link, but only on my Ipad, not the desktop - mmmmm.....
                          Last edited by Jayctee; 23-07-19, 04:29 PM. Reason: Addition
                          SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.

Comment

• gorby
                            • May 2011
                            • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Just done this too. Just enough room between the back seats and the rear of my drawers.
                            Andy
                            Back in a Mitsi
                            2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                            Gone but not forgotten
                            http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19115

Comment

• Jayctee
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Brisbane

Here is my REDARC BCDC1225D battery charger installed in the RHS rear. Yet to be fully tested. 2 x Anderson plugs - for solar panel input, and output to battery box. I paid a local installer - electricity is not my specialty !
                              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X