Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 08-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmick View Post
further to the above posts I've just ordered A1512 air filter, for when I do this job (on 97k ) $20 free delivery ebay they have gone up, last one was $16 the parts are out there cheap. Mick.
I just got 2 for $35. Micro filtration australia. Good filter for the price. I toss them every 20K.
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgie Dueller M/T 674, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 09-02-19

search e bay ! gates SKU-TK-MIT037 ! seller is ALLIED - BT (3800 ) for the $289 kit
Old 09-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
search e bay ! gates SKU-TK-MIT037 ! seller is ALLIED - BT (3800 ) for the $289 kit
Does that kit come with the balance belt too?
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgie Dueller M/T 674, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 08-04-19

Default 90K service last week

Had our 90K service last week. Originally quoted abt $1800 over phone. When I dropped it off was told abt $1700. When I picked it up it was $$1600. Go figure.

Service includes all three services in the manual A, B & C. Replacement of most oils (don't think rear diff was included?). Brake fluid, though I don't see in any of the services where the clutch fluid ever gets done. Coolant done. Timing belt had been done last service (five years).

Interestingly after previous services I've checked the oil after and it hasn't looked much different to what it had been before the change. This time I got home and checked and had to double check because at first I couldn't see any oil on the dip stick in the half light and thought they may not have put enough in. Turned out there was oil it was just clearer than I've seen. Maybe having the valves done physically allowed them to let the oil drain a bit longer.

Other thing was the gearbox. We'd been having issues going from second to third for a few weeks so got that looked at also. Good news was that it needed to come out and get a new third gear syncro ring! Nah, actually the REAL good news was that there was no hesitation on the dealers part to let me know it wouldn't cost a cent as it was still under the ten year drivetrain warrantee.
Other thing they did for nothing was the rear strut replacement. Only problem with that was I had Repco replacement struts so had informed them last year that they were not to be replaced and they were supposed to have updated Mitsubishis record but that apparently didn't happen. To their credit when I ask for the Repco ones back there was again no hesitation to buy me some new ones as the originals had been binned a couple of days before when the service was done.
Got to say the gearbox is smoother than I can remember it ever having been and the valves are quieter than I can remember.

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Last edited by Lakey; 08-04-19 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 19-04-19

Default 90K service

further to my earlier posts ,recently completed the service and timing belt change at 100k ,the belts and idlers were all in great condition, one problem i came across was the front pulley bolt,very tight, here is my solution ,i made up some copper jaw guards to protect the pulley grooves and used 14" stillsons sideways jammed on the chassis rail,big breaker bar and off she came total job 1 morning ,saved a lot of dollars im sure most handymen could do this job and spend the $$$$$ elsewhere.
Old 19-04-19
Valued Member

Quote:
further to my earlier posts ,recently completed the service and timing belt change at 100k ,the belts and idlers were all in great condition, one problem i came across was the front pulley bolt,very tight, here is my solution ,i made up some copper jaw guards to protect the pulley grooves and used 14" stillsons sideways jammed on the chassis rail,big breaker bar and off she came total job 1 morning ,saved a lot of dollars im sure most handymen could do this job and spend the $$$$$ elsewhere.

Did you try and hit it with an impact driver?
Old 20-04-19

jamming it was a much easier solution , i didn't want to remove the a/c condenser ,i have rattle guns and all the equip. you can think of ,just a simple fix to maybe help someone without a lot of tools.
Old 20-04-19
Valued Member

Reelmick,

I can't quite picture how the Stilsons gripped the crank pulley but it obviously worked for you.

Member BMN has previously provided me with pictures of a simple tool that he made which mimics the official MB991800 crank pulley tool.
Old 21-04-19

i looked for that post and couldn't find it ,was going to make a tool , and it would have been a length of bar about 450mm long thick enough to not bend with 2 small pieces 50mm of round bar welded at right angles on one end 50mm apart, have been using similar on machinery all my life.