Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 27-07-16

Default Booked in for 60k service...got the 75k service instead..

Booked my 2009 Pajero in for its 60k service...when I picked it up they had done a 75k service instead. When I asked why I was told that my service book had been stamped in the 60k section so they done the next one !!! Why did they work off my service book and not their worksheet ? Why didn't they check my speedo ? It shows 60002ks. Even though it was stamped in the wrong section for the last service, it said it was for the 45k service done. Why didn't they phone me to check or ask me if I wanted the 75k service ? and to make it worse their receipt shows that the car has 60002k on the speedo....WTF ? Now I have to take it back to have the tappets done as per the 60k service next week.
Old 27-07-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosscocky View Post
Booked my 2009 Pajero in for its 60k service...when I picked it up they had done a 75k service instead. When I asked why I was told that my service book had been stamped in the 60k section so they done the next one !!! Why did they work off my service book and not their worksheet ? Why didn't they check my speedo ? It shows 60002ks. Even though it was stamped in the wrong section for the last service, it said it was for the 45k service done. Why didn't they phone me to check or ask me if I wanted the 75k service ? and to make it worse their receipt shows that the car has 60002k on the speedo....WTF ? Now I have to take it back to have the tappets done as per the 60k service next week.
Sometimes they really make you wonder what is between their ears!!!

BTW, the 60k service has quite a few other tasks beside tappets that will need to be done.
Old 27-07-16
Valued Member

Was it the same dealer/mech who stamped the 45k service in the wrong place?
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 27-07-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis View Post
Was it the same dealer/mech who stamped the 45k service in the wrong place?
No, I have had all my services done by a trusted mechanic but have moved to a new area and don't know what the blokes are like down here yet. Because it was the 60k service I took it to the local Mitsubishi dealer. When I booked it in I told the girl that I wanted the tappets done , per 60k service , as they appear to be noisy ....report from service done states that they did an "audio test" and was ok....they done the wrong thing imo and after tappets done will be looking for a good mechanic.
Old 27-07-16
Valued Member

Unless you are getting the extra work done for free take it to a good mechanic IMO
Better still, good to a good mechanic now
Old 28-07-16

Why didn't you tell them about the error in the book when you dropped the car in? Assuming people use common sense is your first mistake.
Old 28-07-16
Valued Member

i wouldn,t go back to those guys, who knows whats going to happen when they start working on the tappets, tick tick tick bang.
NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.
Old 28-07-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTPeach View Post
Why didn't you tell them about the error in the book when you dropped the car in? Assuming people use common sense is your first mistake.
Mate, they are supposed to work off a WORK sheet....hence the name, and when they are finished the job THEN they stamp the service book to say the job was done. Just to add insult to injury they put a sticker on my windscreen saying that the next service was due at 75k...WTF ? didn't they just do that ????
Old 03-08-16
Valued Member

Although the way they work out your servicing of your vehicle is NOT by actual k's, but 15000km OR 12 months?? Or in your case maybe 75000kms or 60 months.?? Irrespective of the vehicles actual k's?

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.
Old 04-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Although the way they work out your servicing of your vehicle is NOT by actual k's, but 15000km OR 12 months?? Or in your case maybe 75000kms or 60 months.?? Irrespective of the vehicles actual k's?
They owned up to a stuff up and re-did the service to 60k specs , including valve adj. , for " Goodwill ".....as I marked the motor before the new service, i know they never did. Will never use this mob again....time to find a decent mechanic.