• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cojo
    • Jun 2015
    • Perth

Yaw Sensor, G-Sensor and Steering Angle Sensor Caused Breakdown

Hi Guys,

So long story short, I recently purchased an NS Diesel Auto. I had it serviced after purchase and had a transfer case actuator (I could be wrong here...please excuse my 4x4 ignorance...I'm used to turbo sports cars) replaced as the other had been banged out of shape.

So 4-5 days later I'm driving down the road and my car just loses all power and as I was in traffic, this left me stranded. Luckily I could put it into low range and limped it onto the island at idle. It ran rough and wouldn't rev out at all. No CEL's or any warning lights at all.

So I get it towed back to the dealer I had it serviced at (I also had the tensioner recall completed at the service...hence used a dealer), and they told me today there were communication issues with the Yaw Sensor (control or angle, I can't recall), G-Sensor and Steering Angle Sensors. They checked all connections and reconnected, then cleared codes and all of a sudden its all good again.

Anyone had this issue or similar before? Originally I thought it was MAP Sensor/Intake Manifold issue (after some great informative posts on this site), but I'm informed it is not that at all. I'm curious as to whether others experienced a total fix or whether it came back to haunt them...

Interestingly...I paid nothing for this second bit of work by the dealer. I'm thinking they screwed up regarding one of the sensors when they did the actuator replacement.

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X