• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coughy
    Valued Member
    • May 2014
    • Redlands Brisbane QLD

yes i hope not as well the rear end looks like it has had a rear end all ready it is ugly
    My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
    New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• SwampFox55
      • Jan 2014
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by fester View Post
      I just brought up a little bit of my breakfast, thanks very much. The styling boffins are just getting too carried away. Leave them to the cars and keep their podgy fat little fingers off the 4wds before they ruin things completely.

The front bumper looks like a hassle, the rear quarter glass looks to have reduced visibility and the body flare/bulges looks like they tried to copy 150 Prado. And I hope that is not lights running all the way down the side of the tailgate.
      Fester, I appreciate your inability to hold your food down. Mitsubishi needs a Lee Iacocca.
      Last edited by SwampFox55; 15-09-18, 03:28 AM.
      White 2012 PB auto with Mitsy towbar, Smart Bar, CB radio, Philips +100% high-beam bulbs, +60% low-beam, 265 J-Trax ATs, headlight protectors, rear dust deflector, mudflap extensions & ALDI roof racks.

Comment

• fester
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Gympie Qld

You had me at hello, then lost me. I don't like the front end but not from cosmetics, I can handle the "look" of it. My concern is how much harder is it going to make bullbar design and fitment. Until I could see one in the flesh I wonder what the split down the middle is going to do when you look at cutting the bar up for a bullbar.

I've said it long and hard, I don't know what they have to overstyle a 4WD. If they want medium sized rigs just for mums taxi's then stick with the Kluger/Territory/Pathfinder etc and leave the 4WD's alone. I really hate the squinty bulbous headlights too on the Prado/Kluger/200 series and it looks like the Challenger ones could be going the same way.

Comment

• Stoneman
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2012
          • Melbourne

Do we buy on looks or reliability?

The old jeep thing again
          NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• fester
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Gympie Qld

I don't see too many (in fact never) Great Walls broken down so can only presume they are reliable. They are also cheaper again than the Challenger yet I doubt too many people here would be entertaining them. Also it is acknowledged on every car forum that apparently the number of complaints/issues related to that particular brand/model are not indicative of the actual reliability of said model. On that basis the argument of reliability over looks is a mute point.

If it looks as ugly as a hat full of a'holes I can't drive it. Otherwise I would have looked at a Colorado 7 first time round.

Comment

• s1rx
              • Jul 2014
              • rockhampton

Originally posted by fester View Post
              If it looks as ugly as a hat full of a'holes I can't drive it. Otherwise I would have looked at a Colorado 7 first time round.
              Yes agree.

Mitsubishi engineering & design team need to get off the crack pipe. Please use the pajero & challenger dna and modernise it not the outlander & grandis incestuous design pictured on that link.

With that arse they might as well sponsor the 2016 sydney madi gras if the launch that in Aus cause thats the only market they will get a response from.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by s1rx; 06-06-15, 11:32 PM.
              Happiness by the kilowatt...

Comment

• SwampFox55
                • Jan 2014
                • Melbourne

More teasers as the international release draws closer. The Oz release date has been brought forward to December.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SwampFox55; 15-09-18, 03:49 AM.
                White 2012 PB auto with Mitsy towbar, Smart Bar, CB radio, Philips +100% high-beam bulbs, +60% low-beam, 265 J-Trax ATs, headlight protectors, rear dust deflector, mudflap extensions & ALDI roof racks.

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• fester
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Gympie Qld

My god, it's looking worse the closer it gets and the more detailed pictures we get. Is that a Challenger 4wd or an Outlander soft roader.

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

you know I actually like it and might trade up

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Merts
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • Bendigo Vic

I quite like it too, although, let's face it, once you put a bar on the front you wont really be able to see half of the grille 'styling' anyway.
                        Merts
                        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Stoneman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • Melbourne

A front Bar looks like it will cut a lot of air flow
                          NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• old Jack
                            Regular
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                            A front Bar looks like it will cut a lot of air flow
                            Agree, this is going to provide a serious challenge (no pun intended) for designers of bars particularly winch bars, it will be interesting to see what Mitsubishi come up with as a genuine accessory. I am surprised that they are considering a different front to the New MQ Triton as a common front means bars would fit either, by not doing this it forces the costs up and the development from the aftermarket industry could be slow globally and non-existent locally.

cheers, old Jack.
                            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• 02-SR5
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Toowoomba

Maybe because the market dictates the primary use will be dropping the kids off and towing the family van once a year.
                              MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• fester
                                Valued Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
                                Maybe because the market dictates the primary use will be dropping the kids off and towing the family van once a year.
                                To true but why do they have to ruin a 4WD to supply that market when a Kluger/Territory would suit better. Let the soccer mums buy a competitor to those if they don't like the 4WD based styling. I said from day one that front end styling is likely going to be a drama. I think it looks too much like a soft roader., Very little on it is 4WD friendly. Those sidesteps scare me too, or more specifically that decorative sill panel directly above them. As does the moulded extensions the mudflaps hang off. Also pray those other renderings are incorrect and it does retain the 6 stud rims and not the 5 stud.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X