Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 03-05-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Mohican View Post
Yeah how do they mount, I was thinking of getting one as I thought it might help keep the rear window clean , only seen one myself

They are new genuine Mitsubishi and come complete with hardware and templates and require three holes to be drilled in the rear door.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default intercooler hose split

car started missing and running a bit weird so had a look under the bonnet and nice big split in cold side intercooler hose. The hose had oil in it so I guess the intercooler is up next for a clean. Hose was only $148 genuine. Catch Can is next followed by 3" SS exhaust and a retune. Lots of homework trying to find new parts in Perth
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerokit View Post
car started missing and running a bit weird so had a look under the bonnet and nice big split in cold side intercooler hose. The hose had oil in it so I guess the intercooler is up next for a clean. Hose was only $148 genuine. Catch Can is next followed by 3" SS exhaust and a retune. Lots of homework trying to find new parts in Perth
Caution on the 3" exhaust system upgrade and tune.There is currently a fellow Challenger owner having engine limp mode issues, it looks like it could be the 3" system and the tune that is causing the problem but not confirmed yet.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=64163

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Caution on the 3" exhaust system upgrade and tune.There is currently a fellow Challenger owner having engine limp mode issues, it looks like it could be the 3" system and the tune that is causing the problem but not confirmed yet.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=64163

OJ.
Good info, mines manual, and thereís no hills in WA. Iíll run this info past the exhaust guys see what they say. Surely thereís other Challengers out there that run the 3Ē system with no dramas. My EGR hasnít been touched apparently the tune switches it off. Might try the exhaust first then the tune unless I can get a convincing no limp mode error from the fitters. On the hunt for a catch can to stop the oil flood in the inter cooler.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerokit View Post
Good info, mines manual, and thereís no hills in WA. Iíll run this info past the exhaust guys see what they say. Surely thereís other Challengers out there that run the 3Ē system with no dramas. My EGR hasnít been touched apparently the tune switches it off. Might try the exhaust first then the tune unless I can get a convincing no limp mode error from the fitters. On the hunt for a catch can to stop the oil flood in the inter cooler.
There are engine generated fault codes and there are automatic transmission fault codes, so just because it is a manual transmission doesn't mean you can not get engine fault codes. In fact you maybe more susceptable to boost related fault codes if you go have a manual because the engine is tuned to give an extra 50Nm (15%) more torque in the mid rpm range of 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm, than the auto. Both the manual and the auto have the same diameter exhaust system which is 2.125".

Here is a counter opinion on why a larger exhaust is not necessarily better.
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-diverti...bigger-better/

2.75" exhaust upgrade seem to be the most popular and those with them seem happy with the results. Maybe 2.5" is better, or is the factory 2.15" best, I do not know ??????

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Also dependent on cat cell quantity. Of the performance exhaust packages they tend to go the 100 cell cats for diesels. I opted for the 200 cell cat for a little more back pressure. I haven't fitted it yet ( it's only been sitting around for nearly 3 years!!) but I will shortly and have been told this cat and 3" exhaust is fine on a Challenger. That reminds me my LR tank needs to be fitted and I've had it for at least 2 years...
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgie Dueller M/Ts, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Lock up mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
There are engine generated fault codes and there are automatic transmission fault codes, so just because it is a manual transmission doesn't mean you can not get engine fault codes. In fact you maybe more susceptable to boost related fault codes if you go have a manual because the engine is tuned to give an extra 50Nm (15%) more torque in the mid rpm range of 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm, than the auto. Both the manual and the auto have the same diameter exhaust system which is 2.125".

Here is a counter opinion on why a larger exhaust is not necessarily better.
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-diverti...bigger-better/

2.75" exhaust upgrade seem to be the most popular and those with them seem happy with the results. Maybe 2.5" is better, or is the factory 2.15" best, I do not know ??????

OJ.
My tuners advice was autos are more susceptible to boost related error codes as there is no need to lift off the accelerator to change gears. The ecu seems to tolerate high boost if you back off the pedal occasionally.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

If people are having issues with over boosting with larger exhausts fitted maybe a Dawes valve would help. This will at least be able to cap the boost pressure and eliminate any spiking. Obviously itís better to eliminate the problem rather than bandaid it but it should stop these overboost errors and limp modes
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
I'll be going ahead with getting the spacers made. If anyone else wants to be included then let me know by Tuesday 23rd.
The spacers are ready to deliver and I have pm'd the four people who had already expressed interest.

There is one set of spacers that is still available.

$40 per set of four plus postage.
Please pm me if you wish to secure the remaining set.

Last edited by Kingbrown; 1 Week Ago at 01:50 PM. Reason: Updated remaining quantity
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
The spacers are ready to deliver and I have pm'd the four people who had already expressed interest.

There is one set of spacers that is still available.

$40 per set of four plus postage.
Please pm me if you wish to secure the remaining set.

Five sets of sacers have been posted out. Thanks to Onyx, Russ1, Ozzyal, PeePee for supporting this.

There's still one set of spacers available. PM me if you want take them off my hands.