• Show
Clear All
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

Long Ranger Aux Fuel Tank

Hi Guys,
    Not sure if this has been posted up but I just noticed that the guys out at Out of Town who make The Long Ranger fuel tanks are currently seeing if people are interested in a aux fuel tank for their new challenger. If you go to http://www.thelongranger.com.au/surv...ger/survey.php it should bring up the survey which you can answer and submit your interest.

I would encourage everyone who is interested in possibly getting an aux fuel tank to fill it out. I have filled it out as the Challenger is looking like the best option for a new vehicle for us to give us more space for the new family. Given that I won't get a new LWB Pajero untill a new platform is launched.

I put down that a 110L aux tank would be my preference as it would give huge range and only need 1 or 2 jerry's for our canning trip!!!

Cheers,
    Kieron
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]
  • BigBloke65
    • Aug 2010
    • SA

It's been up a while:

PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• Pearcie
      BushSkinz 4x4
      • Nov 2007
      • Wattagans

Thanks mate, Just further to that bit of info was talking with the guys at the local Mitsu dealer today about it and they told me one of the guys was out there the other day taking pictures of underneath the back of the car for the tank so it sounds like it could be something that is moving forward.

Cheers,
      Kieron
      Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• BigBloke65
        • Aug 2010
        • SA

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
        Thanks mate, Just further to that bit of info was talking with the guys at the local Mitsu dealer today about it and they told me one of the guys was out there the other day taking pictures of underneath the back of the car for the tank so it sounds like it could be something that is moving forward.

Cheers,
        Kieron
        Thanks for the info! Although I'd like to see a replacement tank more than a aux tank because that would mean having the spare wheel moved I reckon.
        PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• Pearcie
          BushSkinz 4x4
          • Nov 2007
          • Wattagans

I would of thought the 125L replacement Triton tank would fit (everything else under there seems identical aside form the rear suspension of course. I must say though I have been focusing on the front of the vehicle.

Yes thats right mate the aux tank they are designing is to go where the spare wheel is at the moment so it would have to go on the back door, which is not ideal but I know a lot of people if they wanted it bad enough would get a dual wheel carrier fabricated for the back which would mean you would have almost 200L of fuel and 2 spares and haven't put anything on the roof yet which would make it a great long distance outback tourer.

Cheers,
          Kieron

Comment

• alan4106au
            • Sep 2010
            • Dandenong Victoria

G?Day Pearcie

I don?t think the Triton tank will fit as the wheel base is 200 mm less!
            Triton is 3 meters Challenger is only 2.8 meters. Standard tanks maybe the same?

Regards Alan

Comment

• BMN
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2010
              • Perth WA

Not real happy about all the aux tank talk. Bought the car under the impression a replacement tank would be on the cards (given the Triton has one). IMO even a 100 ltr replacement would be better than a aux tank.
              2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

I suppose it depends on how you look at it I would imagine most people would be happier to part with $1500 approx fitted to gain 4 or 5 jerry cans worth. If a replacement tank was only 25L more fuel for a similar cost most people would just use a jerry can. 125L replacement tank though at around $800 would see more interest I would think like an Ironman tank if they decide to do one. I agree though maximise the space available for a replacement main tank would be better then having to move the spare wheel.

Cheers,
                Kieron

Comment

• BMN
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • Perth WA

Agreed Kieron, for 125 Ltr replacement the money is here and waiting. But it looks like I will be using jerry cans if the aux will be the only option. in my case a spare in the rear cargo is not an option, and one of the factors for buying a challenger was the lift up rear door. Dealing with a swing out spare daily would be a major pain.
                  2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• zanks
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Adelaide, SA

If there is anyone in melboune who is interested in being a guiney pig for a replacement tank, Brown Davis Automotive are interested to fit one up based on their 135L triton tank. I spoke to them today and they said they have not fitted one yet but have had a look and with minor modifications believe the triton replacement tank will fit.

They'd need the vehicle for a couple days and would not charge fitting, just the cost of the tank.

I cant help living in SA and also having not purchased a new Challenger yet. Still researching the aftermarket...
                    PB Challenger LS manual, ARB bullbar, lightforce spotties, 30mm lift, ATZ 4 rib tyres, rhino sportz racks and 2.5m awning.

Comment

• norto
                      • Jan 2010
                      • Batemans Bay

A 125 litre tank would be very good but
                      im not interested in moving the spare
                      Pete

Comment

• BMN
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • Perth WA

Thats sounding positive zanks. Im sure someone will nut out a replacement tank.

Comment

• BigBloke65
                          • Aug 2010
                          • SA

Originally posted by norto View Post
                          A 125 litre tank would be very good but
                          im not interested in moving the spare
                          Same here, the way Challenger's rear is designed is one of the important reasons I bought the thing.

Ok that sounds terrible!!

Comment

• zanks
                            • Nov 2009
                            • Adelaide, SA

The Brown Davis tank would be ~$1050 plus fitting (unless your the test mule), which i reckon is not bad for a near on 100% increase in tank size.

And it keeps the spare underneath avoiding the cost of a spare wheel carrier which aside from the nuisance factor, would near enough double the cost of the exercise.
                            PB Challenger LS manual, ARB bullbar, lightforce spotties, 30mm lift, ATZ 4 rib tyres, rhino sportz racks and 2.5m awning.

Comment

• coljack
                              • Oct 2010
                              • Perth SOR

The Long Ranger rep at the Perth 4WD show a few weeks back said a tank one was coming, however had to lose the spare. Bummer.......
                              Challenger PB Auto, Cool Silver, Cooper ST 265/70, Tint, Cargo barrier, Redarc Dual Battery, ORS rear drawers & fridge slide, Awning, Kaymar rear bar & twin wheel mount, ARB Bull Bar, 50L water tank, Avenger 9.5 winch, IPF Spots, 2 x Uniden UHF, front recovery points, OME suspension, Coil rite air bags in kevlar sleeves, 135L aux tank, bash plates x 3, Safari Snorkel, Rhino Sportz bars, Scangauge II, Engel, Inverter.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X