Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 29-03-19
Valued Member

Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgie Dueller M/T 674, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 25-04-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
The shift connectors for the PC challenger have finally arrived from Japan, so I'll be releasing auto-mate for the PC in April as promised, and also the lockup-mate upgrade program for the PC challenger.
Been a while coming, but auto-mate for PC Challenger is now available order.

Also available is the PC Challenger lockup-mate upgrade to auto-mate.

see web-site for details https://www.mm4x4.com.au
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 27-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
The resistor clamped on the upper fuse panel mounting bracket on the metal transverse tube and the control unit either behind the air ducts of the centre console or tied up in the wiring loom under the dash in front of the AT ECU which is above the drivers left foot on the firewall.

OJ.
Hi OJ, you choose your words carefully, so when you use the word "clamp" I suspect that you mean holding the resistor in place with something other than cable ties or a couple of self-tappers. Is there a special gadget for "clamping"?
Regards
Redtag
Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflock and paddle shift, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play.
Old 27-04-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtag View Post
Hi OJ, you choose your words carefully, so when you use the word "clamp" I suspect that you mean holding the resistor in place with something other than cable ties or a couple of self-tappers. Is there a special gadget for "clamping"?
Regards
Redtag
Picture says a thousand words.
The two nuts are unscrewed and the resistor tab slips into the gap, and the nuts re-tightened to 'clamp' it in to place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resistor1.jpg (77.0 KB, 85 views)
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread

Last edited by m_and_m; 27-04-19 at 02:36 PM.
Old 29-04-19

Quote:
The two nuts are unscrewed and the resistor tab slips into the gap, and the nuts re-tightened to 'clamp' it in to place.
Ah ha, got that!

Thanks for that,
Redtag
Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflock and paddle shift, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play.
Old 21-05-19
Valued Member

I think my lock up mate had a hearty today. The converter remained locked and blue LED on continually. It stalled numerous times on the boss today then I twigged, got her to turn it off and all was good. Maybe this is related to the issue I had the other week with it throwing code 1901 on the auto ECU. Marshall any Ideas? Not to fussed as it is booked in for the upgrade anyway.
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgie Dueller M/T 674, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 21-05-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamitsi View Post
I think my lock up mate had a hearty today. The converter remained locked and blue LED on continually. It stalled numerous times on the boss today then I twigged, got her to turn it off and all was good. Maybe this is related to the issue I had the other week with it throwing code 1901 on the auto ECU. Marshall any Ideas? Not to fussed as it is booked in for the upgrade anyway.
Not good for the boss!
Certainly first Iíve heard of that happening! Sound like the TCC is not unlocking.
I suspect maybe the OBD2 connector is a little loose causing corrupted CANBus information. The Challenger OBD connector can be temperamental.
Please send me the unit (and cables) and Iíll investigate ASAP.
PM me you details so I know which upgrade order is yours.
Build thread

Old 22-05-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Not good for the boss!
Certainly first Iíve heard of that happening! Sound like the TCC is not unlocking.
I suspect maybe the OBD2 connector is a little loose causing corrupted CANBus information. The Challenger OBD connector can be temperamental.
Please send me the unit (and cables) and Iíll investigate ASAP.
PM me you details so I know which upgrade order is yours.
No problem. I actually received the upgrade return bag today so I'll bung all the leads in it including the OBD lead. I'll PM you my details.
Old 08-06-19

The two nuts are unscrewed and the resistor tab slips into the gap, and the nuts re-tightened to 'clamp' it in to place.[/QUOTE]

Hi M & M,
Started fitting my Automate this arvo and got to the stage of clamping the resistor. However, bolted to the top of the plate is a big flat bracket coming back (away from the engine) with an electronic control component of some type on top (about the size of the Automate controller), I have no idea what it is, but it certainly gets in the way so I went back to square 1 and screwed it down to the dash bracket.
Anyway, soldering step tomorrow. Just to make absolutely sure I get the wiring connections correct, the white wire from the plug attaches to the orange and the red stripe wire from the plug attaches to the yellow wire? In the photo in the installation instructions it looks like the orange wire goes to the end of the connector where the red stripe wire is.
Redtag
Old 09-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtag View Post
Hi M & M,
Started fitting my Automate this arvo and got to the stage of clamping the resistor. However, bolted to the top of the plate is a big flat bracket coming back (away from the engine) with an electronic control component of some type on top (about the size of the Automate controller), I have no idea what it is, but it certainly gets in the way so I went back to square 1 and screwed it down to the dash bracket.
Anyway, soldering step tomorrow. Just to make absolutely sure I get the wiring connections correct, the white wire from the plug attaches to the orange and the red stripe wire from the plug attaches to the yellow wire? In the photo in the installation instructions it looks like the orange wire goes to the end of the connector where the red stripe wire is.
Redtag[/QUOTE]
Please ignore my question regarding the soldering, the white wire isn't cut at all, just the red stripe wire!!!
regtag