• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frosty13
    • Jul 2018
    • Perth

2009 NT Pajero EGR blanking kit

Hello all, this is my 1st post - let me know if you need more info.

I have a 2009 NT diesel Paj. EGR throwing codes so I removed, cleaned and re installed - it worked for a week then code came back. I am looking to remove inlet manifold, clean and blank EGR completely. I have had a look on the forum and found some info but I have a few questions:

* Where can I find a blanking plate/kit for my NT? Looked online and couldn’t find anything specifically.
    * Apart from cleaning intake manifold, what else would you clean as I’m guessing the carbon build up carries on?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.
  • Adoom
    • Aug 2017
    • Melbourne

eBay for the blanking plates, but there is also a plug in harness that’ll trick the EGR into not working, or if you’re technically minded a resistor can be soldered in to do the same job.
    Lots on discussion on here, just search for EGR.

If you’re taking off the intake do/get the tappets done at the same time. It might save a removal of the fuel lines down the track. I found a couple of valves tight on mine.
    Instructions can be found on here for removal including a PDF (for a triton, but same same...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Frosty13
      • Jul 2018
      • Perth

Originally posted by Adoom View Post
      eBay for the blanking plates, but there is also a plug in harness that’ll trick the EGR into not working, or if you’re technically minded a resistor can be soldered in to do the same job.
      Lots on discussion on here, just search for EGR.

If you’re taking off the intake do/get the tappets done at the same time. It might save a removal of the fuel lines down the track. I found a couple of valves tight on mine.
      Instructions can be found on here for removal including a PDF (for a triton, but same same...)

Thanks for the reply doom. Wasn’t aware of the harness I had seen the resistor. Will look into it. I had wondered about the blanking plates on eBay, most of them quote the triton and also don’t reference the NT model. A majority of them seem to go to 2007.

So I’m still wondering about which plate to get?

Comment

• Adoom
        • Aug 2017
        • Melbourne

Something similar to this is quite common.
        I have not used one, so can’t comment on them. They do look more “factory” than the resistor mod, and may have more smarts in them.

The EGR operation can also be reduced during a flash tune. So if a dyno tune is on the cards this may be another option.

I have experimented with the plates. I never had a code pop up while running a full plate. If anything happened I was prepared to drill a hole in it or even remove until I found another solution.
        If you’re unsure about risking the $$ on getting the wrong one you could make it yourself out of appropriate thickness sheet steel using the gasket as a template.

Lots of info and experiences in this thread.

Comment

• Doowrag
          • Jun 2008
          • Gympie Qld

If you grab the SPV Industries EGR Delete it should stop the error codes. The delete does what the plate does, but you can never be 100% sure its closed unless you put the plate in.
          2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
            If you grab the SPV Industries EGR Delete it should stop the error codes. The delete does what the plate does, but you can never be 100% sure its closed unless you put the plate in.

If you also have a Scangauge/Ultragauge or similar you can monitor the EGR % continuously. Since fitting my SPV mod, the gauge always reads 0%. As other have noted before, an advantage of the SPV or Munji resistor mod is that it is removable (in seconds) in case that becomes convenient.
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Rusty1
              • Jun 2015
              • Rous NSW

Hey guy's, what is the code for the scanguage to monitor egr.
              2011 NT Platinum, SPV egr mod, ARB Sahara bar, ARB Intensity lights, Redarc DC/DC40, Redarc Tow-Pro elite, Clearview mirrors, Uniden 8020, Pioneer AVZ-H5050BT, ARK pac 715 with 100a/hr agm, Evakool fridg, Hema HX1, Steinbauer module, M&M Lockup Mate and more.

Comment

• Plage
                • Oct 2017
                • good old germany

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
                If you also have a Scangauge/Ultragauge or similar you can monitor the EGR % continuously. Since fitting my SPV mod, the gauge always reads 0%. As other have noted before, an advantage of the SPV or Munji resistor mod is that it is removable (in seconds) in case that becomes convenient.
                Hi mates,

is it need to disconnect the battery while installation?

grz :-)

Comment

• kerway
                  • Aug 2010
                  • North West Sydney

Originally posted by Rusty1 View Post
                  Hey guy's, what is the code for the scanguage to monitor egr.

Checked my codes this morning

TXD 07E0012C
                  RXF 0441052C0000
                  RXD 2808
                  MTH 006400FF0000
                  name EGR

kerway
                  NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• kerway
                    • Aug 2010
                    • North West Sydney

Originally posted by Plage View Post
                    Hi mates,

is it need to disconnect the battery while installation?

grz :-)

No need to. Just make sure the car is turned off.They come with instructions on how to fit.
                    kerway
                    NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• Plage
                      • Oct 2017
                      • good old germany

Originally posted by kerway View Post
                      No need to. Just make sure the car is turned off.They come with instructions on how to fit.
                      kerway
                      THX Mate

Comment

• Rusty1
                        • Jun 2015
                        • Rous NSW

Thanks Kerway. Will now go and play 👍
                        2011 NT Platinum, SPV egr mod, ARB Sahara bar, ARB Intensity lights, Redarc DC/DC40, Redarc Tow-Pro elite, Clearview mirrors, Uniden 8020, Pioneer AVZ-H5050BT, ARK pac 715 with 100a/hr agm, Evakool fridg, Hema HX1, Steinbauer module, M&M Lockup Mate and more.

Comment

• redcat
                          • Jun 2018
                          • Sydney

Check this item number out 302398968581 on Ebay, worked a treat on my NT

Comment

• FRY83D
                            • Sep 2017
                            • Newcastle, NSW

Originally posted by redcat View Post

Never seen these kits before - sounds great!

Was it easy to fit? How long roughly did it take to do?

Comment

• bb2wa
                              • Apr 2018
                              • Perth

Originally posted by redcat View Post
                              As an ebay ad this looks dodgy. Only part i could recognise is the blocking plate. Costs $7.00 or so elsewhere. $85 in this ad.
                              2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std front springs, rear Kings std . Alpine iLX-702D, Occam roof rack 2.2m on backbone.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X