Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 03-07-18

Default rear park sensor

For the last month or so my rear parking sensor dash light and beep (sound) both come on when I place car in reverse then turn off after 10-15 seconds without touching anything.

It is factory fitted and have no issue for the last 8-9 years

Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks
Old 03-07-18
Valued Member

I had the same symptoms after I ripped off one of the sensors off the rear bumper exiting a rather tight creek.

I suspect one of the sensors is damaged or one of the connectors isn’t getting a good contact.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 04-07-18

G'day Armara.. I had exactly the same with my NW, but while the beeping would stop the dash light remained on. One dealer had 4 or 5 goes at fixing it without success. Took it to Busselton Mitsubishi where I bought the car and they tracked it down to a loose connection in the driver's side rear panel. That's the first place I'd look.
2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.
Old 06-07-18

Thanks, I will look at the places you've said.
Old 10-07-18

How did you go Armara, did you have any luck
2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.
Old 16-07-18

Also check your trailer plug connection. I believe the rear sensors are disabled when a trailer is connected so you may have some rubbish in the plug that may be affecting it ?
Old 17-07-18

Thanks for the help, I noticed the plug behind the wheel carrier was broken into two pieces. I was going away so just pushed it back together and its held up (worked) for the last 2500km driving on the rubbish roads to Mackay and back. I'll have a better look and try to glue it on the weekend if I get a chance. Unfortunately I had repair work done to the whole rear wheel carrier because of being hit, the repairers have taken the cover off many times and probably broke it during one of those times.
My sensors are factory fitted and do not disengage when I plug the trailer plug into the port.

thanks again
Old 17-07-18
Valued Member

Glad to hear you found the issue and thanks for letting the forum know. May help someone down the line.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 18-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by armara View Post
My sensors are factory fitted and do not disengage when I plug the trailer plug into the port.

thanks again

So when you reverse with a trailer on it beeps the whole time?
Old 18-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowrag View Post
So when you reverse with a trailer on it beeps the whole time?
There are 2 types of sensor system, fitted by the factory or dealer:

The factory fitted sensors (2 sensors in the wheel carrier & 2 in the bumper) do not stop when a trailer is plugged in, but can be turned off using the dash switch (they reset to on each time you shift out of R, I think). They also have a trailer mode which changes the area they sense to allow for a towbar (refer handbook for instructions).

The dealer fitted genuine MMAL accessory sensors (4 sensors in the bumper) have the switch in the plug base to deactivate when a trailer is plugged in (unsure if they also have a dash switch).

Some cars may also have aftermarket sensors, which may vary.