• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markus
    • Jan 2008
    • Sydney Northern Beaches, NSW

Dash stopped working

So I was driving along this morning, the Paj was all good, and then I looked down to suddenly see my driver's instrument panel had blacked out and the needles were frozen in place. The info in the digital readout on the top centre console also had no data, but otherwise the dash looked fine.

Pics attached. It's still showing about 40kph sitting in my driveway!

Stopping and starting the car doesn't fix the problem. When starting the ABS/ASC/ASC OFF lights come on during the test, as well as centre diff and rear diff and 4L lights, but nothing else. All of these lights go out following start as normal.

Car starts/stops/drives fine, all external lights (stop, indicator, headlights etc) work normally. No recent installs or changes to prompt this.

My Torque Pro virtual gauges on my phone all work fine except speed, which shows a constant zero.
    OBD scan shows two errors, in order:
    P0502 - Powertrain - Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Low Input
    U1108 - Network

I've check all the potentially relevant fuses under the dash and in the engine bay visually and with a multimeter, all seem OK. All connections to battery secure and battery charge is fine.

I'm guessing I might have a speed sensor problem? Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Attached Files
    Mark
    -----------------
    2010 NT Activ Auto DID Silver, Rear Diff Lock, Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70R17LT, Lovell HD/Bilstein 2" Lift, Polyairs, ARB Deluxe Bar, Airtek Snorkel, Tow Bar, XRay 55w HID Spotties, Bushskinz plates & rear protector bar, GME TX4500S, Ctek D250S Dual Battery, Rhino Pioneer Platform, ARB 47L Fridge
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Have you done any work behind the dash recently? A loose plug somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Have you checked the hazard light fuse? When that blows all sorts of funny stuff happens.

Comment

• markus
        • Jan 2008

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I fixed it - although I don't know exactly what the problem was.. I pulled the instrument cluster out, unplugged both connectors from the back, vacuumed the dust off the cluster unit and the plugs, replugged it and everything started working again!

Saved a trip to the mechanic, it seems unplugging it and plugging in again did the trick!

Cleared fault codes and checked again, no more fault codes.

Cheers, Mark
        Mark
        -----------------
        2010 NT Activ Auto DID Silver, Rear Diff Lock, Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70R17LT, Lovell HD/Bilstein 2" Lift, Polyairs, ARB Deluxe Bar, Airtek Snorkel, Tow Bar, XRay 55w HID Spotties, Bushskinz plates & rear protector bar, GME TX4500S, Ctek D250S Dual Battery, Rhino Pioneer Platform, ARB 47L Fridge

Comment

• Seigried
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2016
          • brisbane

Good stuff. Loose plugs can cause a ton of problems!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• markus
            • Jan 2008

Actually, I remember pulling out the instrument cluster a few years back when I did the cable tie mod to tighten up the back of the dash. I was looking for an easier way to get to the top of the dash, perhaps I didn't plug something back in properly then? Who knows.. At least I know what to check for next time..
            Mark
            -----------------

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X