Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Has anyone had experience with this Nudge Bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigAL_250
    • Oct 2019
    • Adelaide, SA

Has anyone had experience with this Nudge Bar?

Looking at getting something on the front of my NT to mount a lights and an antenna to.
    Long term I'll likely be getting an alloy bullbar or maybe a smart bar (I don't want to deal with the extra weight of a steel bar for how much it will end up being used), but until one of those shows up nearby on gumtree, I'm looking at affordable nudge bars for now.

Have been looking at this one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nudge-Ba...1/153575377304

Think it's same or similar to one mentioned here, has the same part number, though it does look different to the pics near the end of the thread?: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=63532

The pic and description on the listing shows it as a 4-point mounting similar or same as OEM, I have asked the seller for clarification on the mounting, so far nothing back.

Just asking if anyone's actually bought one of these and how it went?
    Cheers,
    2011 NT Pajero GLS 3.2 Auto
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

I haven't had directly this bar, but I have a similar bar on my wife's ZJ Outlander. It is 304 stainless steel, 3" tubing - looks far more solid that the standard MM nudge bar (but I doubt that it is in practice). The reason I say this is that I accidentally nudged a concrete pole with the smaller diameter crossbar at bumper height and it easily put a dent in that part of the bar. No way could I get that knocked out so I left it there. The wall thickness of our bar is very thin - it probably won't take much of a ding to permanently mark it. Once fitted, it seems fairly rigid though.

However, my wife thinks it is great - it is shiny and relatively big so she feels safe. The mounting points for the bar (on the Outie) leave a bit to be desired, but so far it has done its job - it scared off a few roos and wombats.

Comment

• BigAL_250
      • Oct 2019
      • Adelaide, SA

Well, the seller came back with enough good answers so I've bought one, guess we'll see how it goes.
      2011 NT Pajero GLS 3.2 Auto

Comment

• Greg59
        • Jan 2019
        • Townsville

Originally posted by BigAL_250 View Post
        Well, the seller came back with enough good answers so I've bought one, guess we'll see how it goes.
        Yeah got one, looks good and happy enough with it. Workmanship is good, mounts vier front tie down points. Would have preferred a 4 point attachment system but it has not moved since mounting.
        NX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X