• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ic_hunter
    • Sep 2019
    • Karana Downs

ARB bull bar help

Hi guys,

Bought a ARB gen 2 bull bar for my NK yesterday and went about fitting it. Fits well around the body and on the chassis but even thought the two mount bolts on each side are nipped up tight it still pivots back and forth with little effort.

Does anyone have and bright ideas or even better a install guide for these old bull bars. Part number #3434030.

Iv googled and searched here for ages and there are some mention about another bolt but there are no aligned holes left.

I'll post some pics to help

Thanks heaps
  • ic_hunter
    • Sep 2019
    • Karana Downs

Comment

• Techedz
      • Aug 2019
      • South Canberra

No-one else has commented, so I'll try and help.

Looking at it, the bolts are very close together, given the amount of leverage on the bullbar, probably 10 or 15 to 1 ratio which explains why it is easy to move. Bolts are probably loose in th holes as well.

Are you able to drill more holes further apart, use at least 8 or 10 mm bolts and drill the holes the same size so they are fairly tight (8 mm bolts tend to have about 0.2 mm clearance so just use an 8 mm drill)? Use high tensile bolts and spring washers, or nylocks.

The other option is to get some extensions welded on so you can bolt it up further back but you would need to be handy with a welder or have a welding/engineering shop help you. I would also look at drilling the other holes and going up one bolt size.

Where are you located? You're probably not, but if you were in Canberra or nearby I could give you a hand as I'm fairly handy with a welder.

Hope this helps?
      NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• Drewan
        • Apr 2017
        • Adelaide

Ive got an extra one below those 2 and the bolts just (light drive fit in the holes ) they look to small
        Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• ic_hunter
          • Sep 2019
          • Karana Downs

Thanks heaps for the help guys.

I ended up going into ARB and asking them and they gave me a install sheet. Turns out there are actually a set of 3 washer either side that turns on of the chassis holes into a bolt hole.

All fixed

Thanks again

Comment

• Chenko1
            • Nov 2019
            • Newcastle

Was just about to post that the ARB bars need washers that fit into the bar.

Glad you have it sorted.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X