• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjacer
    • Nov 2011
    • Brisbane

Tappett adjust/manifold clean Brissy.

G'day all, just had my first tappet adjust and manifold clean done here in Brissy.
    As always a great experience from the guys at Motorcare Albion, Ron told me they don't really start looking at tappets until around the 90k mark and mine had 95k on the clock so I wasn't sure what to expect but in the end there were only 2 in need of very minor adjustment - peace of mind though.
    Same goes for the intake manifold, not much gunk to speak of which is surprising after almost 100k but again peace of mind.
    Seems almost standard procedure on these motors that the egr is blocked and a small hole drilled in the throttle body butterfly as a way of eliminating all the issues associated with pumping diesel exhaust back through the engine, Ron did that too as part of the job.
    I wanted to let local Brisbane Pajero owners with the same service due that the guys at Motorcare did a great job for me as always (they serviced/repaired my previous NM V6 for years).
    While having the timing chain recall service done at MM a few mths ago I was chatting to the service manager and he mentioned the tappet adjust etc to me, quoting $690 for the adjustment alone and a further $300 charge for cleaning out the manifold. Motorcare did the entire job for me in just over 3 hours including the egr block for $500.
    They specialize in Pajeros and I who have massive trust issues when it comes to mechanical work have found them to be professional and honest with their work and pricing over the years - they've come up trumps again with this service on my new NT diesel Paj too - I highly recommend these guys to anyone wanting quality workmanship, honest advice and a great price.
  • Smiderman
    • Mar 2013
    • Brisbane

Great feedback jjaced, all too easy to bag the sh1t out of someone but its welcome & good news to see some positive feedback

Comment

• bennyb29
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by jjacer View Post
      G'day all, just had my first tappet adjust and manifold clean done here in Brissy.
      As always a great experience from the guys at Motorcare Albion, Ron told me they don't really start looking at tappets until around the 90k mark and mine had 95k on the clock so I wasn't sure what to expect but in the end there were only 2 in need of very minor adjustment - peace of mind though.
      jjacer, thanks for sharing this.
      I'm in Brissy myself, and on the northside, so good to know of a place nearby with good feedback for the Pajero.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• jjacer
        • Nov 2011
        • Brisbane

No worries fellas, I know how hard it is to find a trusted mechanic and one who knows Pajeros really well.
        I've had dealings with these guys for around 10 years and haven't had a single bad experience ever or heard anything negative from others either which is really sayin something.
        If you need something done and you want to know it will be done right the first time by people who know their way around Pajeros AND that you won't get ripped off in the process, give Ron a go, you're sure to be impressed, oh and he's not scared to have a good chat about the work either.

Comment

• sam.cath
          • Dec 2014
          • Sunshine Coast

Really appreciate the referral jjacer!
          I'm on the Sunshine Coast but would happily drive to Brisbane to have this done somewhere where they don't look at you strangely when you ask about the inlet manifold clean that our Pajero's need??

Will give Ron a call.

Cheers,
          Sam

2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter

Comment

• jjacer
            • Nov 2011
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by sam.cath View Post
            I'm on the Sunshine Coast but would happily drive to Brisbane to have this done somewhere where they don't look at you strangely when you ask about the inlet manifold clean that our Pajero's need??

Will give Ron a call.

Cheers,
            Sam

No worries, and if you are stuck for the day you can jump on a bus right out the front to either the city for lunch etc or Toombul shopping centre where there is a cinema and plenty of food options too.

Comment

• Robuck
              • May 2015
              • Brisbane

I'm going to ring this guy as well. My Paj is up for a big one

Comment

• justcruizin
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2008
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by sam.cath View Post

Will give Ron a call.

Cheers,
                Sam

X 2. I was going to pop this very question myself. Great to see someone knows their way around a Paj.
                08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• Patriot
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Queensland

Got the manifold cleaned, Valve adjustment, EGR modification and a catch can fitted for under $800 and am extremely happy with the work done.

Car is running noticeably better and as far as I can tell is doing about 1L/100km better with fuel consumption.

The work was carried out in a professional and friendly manner and I can vouch fo the OP's comments.

Comment

• bennyb29
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Brisbane

Hi guys, just wanted to see if the recommendation for the guys at Motorcare Albion continues to hold good. Anyone gotten their Pajero worked on by the guys here in recent times?

I am planning to get a manifold clean, as well as tappets adjusted and wanted to know the best place for the same on the north side of Brisbane.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• bennyb29
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Brisbane

I was looking to get my Pajero serviced once again at Motorcare 4WD and tried calling the number to book it in. Having no reply for the whole day, I checked google, where it shows the establishment as being permanently closed. Anyone knows what happened here?

Also, any recommendations for a knowledgeable, reliable place on the northside of Brissie I can get my Paj serviced?

Comment

• Jimred07
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Brisbane

i'm in the same boat. gutted.

Comment

• Roadsy
                          • Nov 2017
                          • QLD

Hey Guys,

I started taking my Pajero to On & Offroad Mechanical in Brendale (http://www.onoff4x4.com/) after doing some research online, where they had lots of recommendations and positive reviews. Since being a customer for the last couple of years I would happily recommend them. The first time I went there, I was experiencing issues with my Super Select not engaging 4WD and they were incredibly helpful...the owner even jumped in the car with me to see what was happening and explain what the problems may be. If you call up, you'll get Lucas who's always been very helpful to me, even if it's not directly related to their business. For instance, I'm working on restoring another Pajero and I was planning to take the engine over to their shop as I managed to break an exhaust stud. Instead, they just provided the contact details of a guy they used who is mobile and they highly recommend. Great bunch of guys!

244 Leitchs Road, Brendale, Qld. 4500
                          Phone: (07) 3205 8488
                          Email: [email protected]
                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/On-Of...41181309418256

They've very knowledgable when it comes to Pajeros - you will even see pictures and trophies in the foyer of the owner racing them.

Regards,
                          Brock
                          2009 NT GLS Pajero LWB Auto DiD, Kenwood DMX7017BTS & DRV-N520 Dashcam.
                          &
                          2009 NT GLX Pajero LWB Manual DiD, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Drivetech Suspension, Kings Springs, Polyair Air Bags, MT Deegan 38 Tyres, Rhino Rack Platform, Titan Drawers, Boo's Bash Plates, ProVent Oil Catch Can

Comment

• bennyb29
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • Brisbane

Thanks Brock. Always good to have dependable places to get servicing done.
                            I got my last service done at Future Auto, Brendale and came back satisfied.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X