• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Recall released: 2007 to 2014 Pajero 3.2L Diesel

Notifications will go out to customers next week.
    Timing Chain replacement.

Contact your local Mitsubishi Dealer for full details.

As soon as we have the Recall notice it will be added here

Admin.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• mr_bosman
      • Oct 2014
      • Warrnambool

Thanks Gus
      2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• Axis
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2011
        • Highett Vic

Thanks Gus. I have called MMA and updated my details against the VIN so I will receive any notifications.

07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• PaulF
          • Oct 2009
          • Mareeba

My dealer confirmed and I have mine booked in for the 23rd of this month

Comment

• 72yellow
            • Jul 2007
            • ADL

Good news & assume will / has to cover all owners regardless of warranty status?
            NX Exceed

Comment

• Silverfox
              • Apr 2010
              • Adelaide

Called the dealer and they confirmed my Paj is part of the recall.

A few other things they mentioned.
              There is a process that MM will proved the dealers to follow in order to assess if your timing chain and tensioner will be changed.
              Sounded like there are parameters that will have to be met in order for any parts to be changed.

So, in other words you are not guaranteed of having the chain or tensioner replaced unless it fails the "parameters" set by MM.

That's what I was told.

Comment

• Pwoffey
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Adelaide

I was told the same as Silverfox. My NW was booked for its 30k service next Wednesday. The service staff told me that the timing chain would be "assessed" at that time and if there was a problem they would keep the vehicle in the shop to do the business. They mentioned it would take 14 hours, so I suppose that'd be a good 2 days (on top of the 30k service).

Thanks for the heads up Gus.

Phil
                BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Thanks for the info Gus.

Do we need to have it inspected regardless of whether we receive a notice?

Bad timing - am off towing the van down to Forster this Sat on hols!

Cheers,
                  Sally
                  SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

This is all the information we have at this stage. Always best to speak directly with your dealer.

I'm sure if your vehicles are effected by the recall Mitsubishi will be there for you
                    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Uncle Fester
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Boambee East NSW

Just spoke to MMA Coffs Hbr and they have said you need to wait for the letter before booking in but also said that as it is a MMA Recall that age and kms wont matter as it is a total recall.
                      NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

Just spoke to my dealer.

Ours is getting inspected tomorrow morning - thier first one! Hope it is okay!

They don't have the part required yet.

We'll get the letter next week, I'm told.

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• hotboostgt
                          • Aug 2014
                          • brisbane

Spoke to morayfield Mitsubishi .Still awaiting replacement parts and parameters of replacement notification from m.m. He asked how did I hear about it? Told him forum ,said you guys know moire than me ,lol.Car needed for 5 hrs for inspection.
                          2009 NT Diesel Platinum Auto 70k , elect rust HD tow pack,dual battery redarc plugs ,bashplatz, tint windows, RDA slotted rotors brembo calipers

Comment

• kerway
                            • Aug 2010
                            • North West Sydney

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
                            Just spoke to MMA Coffs Hbr and they have said you need to wait for the letter before booking in but also said that as it is a MMA Recall that age and kms wont matter as it is a total recall.
                            I don't have my letter yet and just booked it in with my local dealer. Wanted to get in before the non forum people found out about it. .
                            First available service date was 11th March. Seems like they're busy already before this all started.
                            NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• Boo Boo
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Kilsyth

Just spoke to my local dealer and booked my car in for the 24th of Feb. The girl told me it was only for the timing chain tensioner.
                              Is this correct or should it be the timing chain as well.
                              They said they will need the car for the whole day.
                              2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X