• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merser
    • Apr 2017
    • brisbane

door trim removal

I need to lube the window runners in my NM and would appreciate any advice on the steps to remove the door trim.
    The drivers window is noisy and and now the passenger front sounds like it is getting dry also.
    Not sure if i should make separate post but locks are getting hard to turn also. Is there something I can squirt into keyhole to help?
    Cars lives outside unfortunately.
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Hi mate,

I use a tin of CRC Silicone spray to lubricate the glass. If you put the window down and spray the silicone in the runners - then bring the glass up and repeat this a couple of times it seems to work fine. If you spray a bit around the base of the glass as it is going back down it tends to take some of the silicone with it and helps to lubricate the track you can’t get at – saves pulling the trim from the door etc. There is not much chance of making a mess as it’s something you can wipe off easily.

I actually use a spray called G96 oil for lubricating the locks – this product is made for keeping rust off guns and is expensive to buy – from gun shops. It is a fantastic lubricant however and is ideal for things like locks and penetrating little areas where corrosion gets. Other than that you could use a bit of WD40 or the like for the locks – just stick the little plastic tube that comes with the tin in the keyhole and spray a bit in there before inserting the key. I’d try that first before pulling the trim off the door. WD40 tends to dry out after a while however, and that is why I use the G96.

Cheers

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• merser
      • Apr 2017
      • brisbane

Hi Geoff, thanks for the tips. I think the dryness is actually in the mechanism inside the door, that's why I was asking about door trim removal on the inside.

Mike

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

when windows are slow to go up and down it is normally the rubbers, while grease and silicon do the job the "correct" lubricant is graphite powder - which should be available from most auto good shops. Wind the window down and carefull pour a little into the rubber channel then wind it back up. Not sure if the Newer Pajero's use a wiper arm or a cable assembly for the regulator mech, if the first and its not the rubbers your motor is getting tired, if the second it will be more likely the cabling getting worn/tired if that is the case you need to get a new reg assembly. The cables can normally be replaced on regs but often are not available new from dealers (talking in general here)
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• chrisall
          • Sep 2016
          • WA

Refer to:

Cheers,
          2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• merser
            • Apr 2017
            • brisbane

Wow just what I was looking for. Thank you very much

Comment

• Lance
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Melbourne

I'd be using Graphite Powder for the barrel locks rather than a liquid spray lubricant.
              They tend to attract and hold gunk which generally cause further issues.
              2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
              2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X