• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ranger J
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Perth, Western Australia

Record-breaking 20L/100km for DID

So a friend and I went for a quick weekender in the south-west over the weekend.

A cocktail of:
    -Rhino rack with 2 swags
    -Loaded vehicle
    -33"s
    -Hills and overtaking
    -Cross and headwinds the entire trip,

Resulted in 500kms return from approximately 100Lts of diesel from the old girl. Ouch.

I have had some pretty average economy in the past, but gee that hurt, and was the first time I had driven with a loaded roof rack. At times I was mistaken for piloting a hot air ballon with the combined effort of the headwind and drag coefficient from the rack.

I think I might fit some 265/75's when the camper comes along...
    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.
  • dbomba
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Homebase Sydney

Ouchhh! That would hurt.
    Regards
    DBT
    Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
    Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.

Comment

• psproule
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Googong, NSW

Geez, I do better than that towing the ski boat up mountain passes with the roof racks on. I just got back from our favourite haunt and returned about 16L/100km. You sure something isnt wrong? Or was it pegged at about 150 all the way?
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Ranger J
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by psproule View Post
        Geez, I do better than that towing the ski boat up mountain passes with the roof racks on. I just got back from our favourite haunt and returned about 16L/100km. You sure something isnt wrong? Or was it pegged at about 150 all the way?

Yeah I was wishing I had a manual on the weekend - I'm sure it would have returned better economy. No chance at overdrive in 5th, and really made no difference to economy having it in 4th overdrive from what I could tell. Sitting on 100-110km/h with 60-70km/h head and crosswinds.

Its due for a service in the next month, I'm going to get the guys to have a good look over it and make sure all is well, I would have predicted 16L/100km, but not 20. My old NK 2.8 would have faired better I reckon.
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Wrex
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2007
          • Perth

jayden with the easterlies we have been having i can understand those figures.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X