Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Mate has the Bronze one and is not happy with the colour. Bloody hard and expensive to get chips /scratches matched correctly. I,ve a silver NW and had some small chips/scratches removed a few weeks ago. $500 with a buff. Looks good and detailer also said that the bronze is a bugger to get right. Even white has to be exact shade though. He reckons the hardest car to match is the Mazda 3 with the new red/crimson colour....looks good but takes a hell of a lot to match. Really involved preparation and coating involved.

With any metallic...the older the car the harder to match...stay away from supermarkets!!!
Yes you have to be a good painter

Silver is dead set tough, yeah i know the Mazda colour you mean, it would be freaky to match

Bronze shall be up there with the best of them!

I know a painter we did discuss.

I actually totally like the Kiwi1973 paint idea

Last edited by Jasonmc73; 1 Week Ago at 07:38 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Picked up the black Paj this morning. Checked out really well and the seller was great to deal with. Took it straight to an auto electrician to get brake controller installed. Will also get around to sorting out a second battery next.

Drove it 400 km to get home and got 9.5 L per 100 with roof racks and awning, which I could never get with the Challenger. Certainly felt like I had quite a bit more power. It was a bonus to find the car had a DVD player and air con vents in the back to keep the kids happy.

Thanks to all the people who have offered advice this week.
Old 1 Week Ago

May it give you many years of service.

(Although with a pajero that's pretty much a given )

Always a nervous time buying a car. Now you can relax and enjoy it.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Emms View Post
May it give you many years of service.

(Although with a pajero that's pretty much a given )

Always a nervous time buying a car. Now you can relax and enjoy it.
Thanks! It was a nervous time and a relief to finally get a Pajero after wanting one for quite a while. Not going to miss being on the phone talking to dealers and private sellers constantly. In the end was happy to pay $27K for a low kilometre 2014 model compared to $41K for a new demo.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewie15 View Post
Thanks! It was a nervous time and a relief to finally get a Pajero after wanting one for quite a while. Not going to miss being on the phone talking to dealers and private sellers constantly. In the end was happy to pay $27K for a low kilometre 2014 model compared to $41K for a new demo.
Congratulations

With work & car shopping was driving me nuts as well, i feel your pain

I have many better hours sleep now that's out of the way, i was so over it, i'm a salesperson & i have absolutely no time for sales peoples crap & navigating the crap drives me bonkers.
One thing i noticed common theme was car sales people saying "they don't make a lot of money out of cars they just enjoy helping people"

The regional dealer i brought from, said none of that, he was abrupt upfront, no crap & requests dealt with.
Upon collection tank was full never asked, i found after on passenger floor, cooler bag full of local goodies, dealer principal collected me from airport to go to yard upon arrival.
Restored my faith in humanity they did, so maybe they are not all bad

Let's hope you & i enjoy our choices in the months to come.