• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john ashton
    • Jul 2016
    • bribie island qld

auto trans oil

Hi I wish to add an additional auto trans cooler to pajero sport, having problems sorting the correct oil for this 8 speed box Misubishi sell 50 litres of M1 for( $600.00 ) i need around 1lt. Anybody know which oil is compatable.? I have some Dia Queen ATF J 3 from my NW but cannot find any conversion chart. Any help appreciated.
    Cheers John Ashton.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Penrite auto full synthetic. Was talking to a bloke the other day about getting mine done. Looking up various sites and Penrite full synthetic will do the job.
    Attached Files
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• john ashton
      • Jul 2016
      • bribie island qld

Hi Dicko1 I spoke to Penrite Tech help, when the tech had a close look he found 2 conflicting recommendations, He initially said LV Full Syn then got back to me and said he couldnt recommend this oil as on another of his data basis it quoted different info. Tried Shell, Nulon, Penrite, Castrol, none could give me a match, and i am not game to just put it in and hope so i think i will sit on the fence awhile thanks for trying to help
      Cheers john

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

From a forum member when the same question was asked a while ago...

With regard to the Penrite ATF-FS vs the ATF-LV discussion.

The information on the Penrite site seems to suggest the FS lasts 5 times longer v the LV lasting 2.5 times longer than the industry standard. Wouldn't this suggest the FS is a higher quality product?

Its KEY specifications for FS shows, Mitsubishi MM SP2/SP3/PA, which is exactly what the DIA Queen-PA specs are.

Information on the ATF's for PENRITE have been copied fully copied as follows:
        Smooth shift durability is a measure of performance in automatic transmissions. Penrite’s Multi-Vehicle Full Synthetic ATF FS provides smooth shift durability
        5 TIMES LONGER than the industry standard. Our Multi-Vehicle Semi Synthetic ATF MHP is 3 TIMES LONGER. Multi-Vehicle Full Synthetic ATF LV provides smooth
        shift durability 2.5 TIMES LONGER The industry standard test method is the JASO M349 - Anti-Shudder test. This means you will experience a smooth shift with
        ultimate high torque power in your transmissions for longer.

I have looked at a fair few spec sheets for different ATF manufacturers and the FS is the only one I have found that matches the DIAQueen-PA specs.

Here is the link for the full facts..
        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by john ashton View Post
          Hi I wish to add an additional auto trans cooler to pajero sport, having problems sorting the correct oil for this 8 speed box Misubishi sell 50 litres of M1 for( $600.00 ) i need around 1lt. Anybody know which oil is compatable.? I have some Dia Queen ATF J 3 from my NW but cannot find any conversion chart. Any help appreciated.
          Cheers John Ashton.
          You could try asking the Service people (rather than Spare Parts) if they will sell some from their bulk supply. I'd also ring another dealer (or MMAL) to see if there is a smaller quantity available - I would have thought They would have a smaller size for top ups or single vehicle changes.

As a general principle, I don't like mixing lubricants of different types or manufacturer, even if they meet the same spec, particularly with these fancy hi-tech boxes. Also consider any impact on your warranty - I'd have a chat with the Service Manager if you can.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• john ashton
            • Jul 2016
            • bribie island qld

Hi Dicko1, Thanks for the link, Is the Dia Queen PA the new oil for this box, I can only find the ATF-MA1 listed in the hand book, I used Dia Queen ATF - J3 in my NW I had trouble getting that but a mate scored a 2 lt bottle from Misubishi in AYR looking up DiaQueen they show no ref to the Sport.
            Maybe i should just fit he cooler and not worry about adding the 250 or 300 ml it will take.
            cheers.

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Hi Dicko1, Thanks for the link, Is the Dia Queen PA the new oil for this box, I can only find the ATF-MA1 listed in the hand book, I used Dia Queen ATF - J3 in my NW I had trouble getting that but a mate scored a 2 lt bottle from Misubishi in AYR looking up DiaQueen they show no ref to the Sport.
              Maybe i should just fit he cooler and not worry about adding the 250 or 300 ml it will take.
              cheers.
              How long to your next service? Does the PS have a auto trans dipstick? You could then ask them to check the level "as it's down a bit"?
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

cheers.

Yes...I must apologise...I am referring to the 5 speed NW box. Whatever the case, MM dealers are not in the oil business and will source from manufacturers who meet the specs. Diamond Queen is only rebadged oil.
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X