• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew63
    • Jun 2010
    • Sydney

16 Months - 60 000km No more capped priced servicing

Just finished my 60 000 km service and have run out of my capped priced servicing. Where to form here? I told the dealer that I 'd get him to quote on the 75 K service, he sugested that I get my oil etc done on the cheap but still get him to do the computer update stuff. If I get it done elsewhere will I void my warranty?
    2010 PB LS Challenger Auto. BFG AT's Hayman Reece Towbar
    2013 PB My13 LS Auto BFG AT HR tow bar
  • maasau
    • Aug 2011
    • GA, USA

Originally posted by Andrew63 View Post
    If I get it done elsewhere will I void my warranty?
    No.
    For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

• Stan53
      • Oct 2011
      • Frankston Victoria

Originally posted by Andrew63 View Post
      Just finished my 60 000 km service and have run out of my capped priced servicing.
      Weren't you given an option to extend that? I am given an option to extend the capped price servicing.
      Missing Bitz, Victoria, Sept 11, Manual

Comment

• Andrew63
        • Jun 2010
        • Sydney

No , is the extension by MMA or just by your dealer?

Comment

• Stan53
          • Oct 2011
          • Frankston Victoria

I thought it was a Mitsubishi thing. I might be wrong. I was told that as long as Mitsubishi did the service it would be extended.
          Sorry for the late reply. Don't get here often.
          Missing Bitz, Victoria, Sept 11, Manual

Comment

• jimsiron
            • Feb 2010
            • Mildura, gateway to the outback

I think this is in relation to the extended powertrain warranty or something to that affect, not capped price servicing. I read it somewhere in the diamond servicing info in the glovebox folder that you are asked about it at some stage and it must be around that 60000k service time?
            regards
            Jimsiron
            2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• croweater71
              • Nov 2011
              • Adelaide

My understanding is that in the first 3 years servicing can be done by any mechanic, capped or not and then in the period between 2.5 yrs and 3 yrs you get signed off by a dealer to qualify for the extended warranty and then to keep the 5 and 10 yr warranty all servicing must be done by a mm dealer for the entire duration (10yrs).

Comment

• jimsiron
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by croweater71 View Post
                My understanding is that in the first 3 years servicing can be done by any mechanic, capped or not and then in the period between 2.5 yrs and 3 yrs you get signed off by a dealer to qualify for the extended warranty and then to keep the 5 and 10 yr warranty all servicing must be done by a mm dealer for the entire duration (10yrs).
                Yes that was what it was about but I think it is you must have at least a service by MMA dealer leading up to the 5 years to qualify for the 10 year warranty. After 5 years you can get serviced elsewhere no hassle subject to being done to MMA book. I will get book out and look tomorrow.
                regards
                Jimsiron
                2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• croweater71
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Adelaide

The way I read it, from 3years to 10 years all servicing by mm dealer. I would like to be wrong!

Comment

• Andrew63
                    • Jun 2010
                    • Sydney

I will should due for a new one in 3 years as I will have up ~120K. I dont know whether to keep it for the missus or trade it in. I guess I will find out in 18 months time what its worth. Hopefully more than my residual.

Comment

• Marty V
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Cranbourne, Vic

There is no extention to CPS... By law you can service where you want as long as they have a place of business, are qualified and use all genuine parts including fluid specifications and follow all requirements as per the hand book...

Comes down to price and trust... I met a lady who's 20 year relationship with her local mechanic went up in flames because he used a coolant with the wrong PH level which caused a head gasket failure...

My recommendation is keep it in house (mmal dealers) and compare prices if you aren happy or confident... Ultimately I like to deal with people who treat me right and give me the customer service I'm looking for even if it costs me an extra little bit...

Comment

• BMN
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • Perth WA

Had my 30,000 service done a few weeks back by MMA. Looking through the invoice noticed no mention of brake fluid (brake fluid to be replaced at 30,000) and the bolts on the rocker cover still had the factory check paint/seal ( tappets to be check/adjusted at 30,000) Went back in the next day to ask WTF and had to re-book the car for the brakefluid and was told the tappets are only checked if MMA think its required. I have in the past always bought cars 2-3 yrs old and serviced myself for reasons above. So my advice is don't presume anything when in comes to services from MMA or any service centre for that matter. Make sure YOU know exactly what the FACTORY service requirements are, and make sure they CLEARY list what has been done (ie not just a signature on the page)
                        While it does feel all warm and cosy knowing your warrenty is covered getting MMA serviceing, i won't be happy if my business suffers loss or my holiday is spoilt due to poor serviceing.

Had to laugh the next day had a MMA feedback phonecall asking me to rate the service. You can guess my score out of 10, but as the girl said all feedback is good feedback

End of rant keep them honest people's

PS Also had some oil appearing on the turbo which I'M to keep an eye on
                        2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• greig
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2010
                          • kanwal

Originally posted by BMN View Post
                          Had my 30,000 service done a few weeks back by MMA. Looking through the invoice noticed no mention of brake fluid (brake fluid to be replaced at 30,000) and the bolts on the rocker cover still had the factory check paint/seal ( tappets to be check/adjusted at 30,000) Went back in the next day to ask WTF and had to re-book the car for the brakefluid and was told the tappets are only checked if MMA think its required. I have in the past always bought cars 2-3 yrs old and serviced myself for reasons above. So my advice is don't presume anything when in comes to services from MMA or any service centre for that matter. Make sure YOU know exactly what the FACTORY service requirements are, and make sure they CLEARY list what has been done (ie not just a signature on the page)
                          While it does feel all warm and cosy knowing your warrenty is covered getting MMA serviceing, i won't be happy if my business suffers loss or my holiday is spoilt due to poor serviceing.

Had to laugh the next day had a MMA feedback phonecall asking me to rate the service. You can guess my score out of 10, but as the girl said all feedback is good feedback

Had my 30,000 service done last week ( and yes the brake fluid was changed ) and I know the head mechanic who worked on my 4wd ( it took him a whole day ).
                          The tappets were done , and seeing as it takes a fair while to do, its good to have the capped price servicing......But the excuse that they only do it if they think it needs it is rubbish, because the only way to see if its needed is to take off the tappet cover and check them, which in itself is half the job already ??

I even had all 5 tyres rotated !! how goods that !!
                          And because I supplied my own oil and fuel filter, the bill was just over $400..

Sure, you might get a service slightly cheaper elsewhere, but when you get treated right by a dealer, why not stick with them......and warranty issues are so much easier as well..

Comment

• jimsiron
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BMN View Post

Go back, that is bullshit that they only check if they think needed, it is to be done every 30000k. Make them do it as mine needed a slight adjustment, but you cant tell unless you remove the inlet manifold and the rocker cover and use a feeler guage when running!
                            regards
                            Jimsiron

Comment

• JGB1491
                              • Jul 2011
                              • Queensland

Hi Greig, What kind of oil do the dealers use?I always like to use castrol but don`t normally get vehicles serviced at the dealers.However I intend to get the challenger done at dealer to protect the warranty. I had the initial oil dumped by my local mechanic and replaced with castrol synthetic oil as didn`t know what was in it from factory. I will ask and do as you have done to ensure right oil is being used as specified by castrol. Thanks for that info.Johnno

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X