Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 27-08-10

Default Recommended Adelaide Dealers?

Hi

We are looking at buying a new car for taking the family and the camper trailer around some of the fantastic parts of this state.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in Adelaide ?Would like to take a demo for a drive and then get an reasonable quote straight away.

With 2 young kids we don't have time to sit at the dealers for hours on end to get the final price.

Last weekend took a prado for a run and then waited around for a quote only to be given RRP (but maybe some room to move?).

Any feedback would be great and please PM if that is considered more appropriate.

Thanks

Dave
Old 27-08-10

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the world of car buying. In most cases what you describe will happen at every dealer. I found being armed with as much information as possible puts you in the drivers seat.
Start with Discount New Cars website, which should be a starting point for negotiations. Depending on the model, there is between $3000 and $9000 off the rrp before you even start. Also do a search on Carsguide for new and demo cars to get an indication of prices they are going for. Be prepared with an extras you want, and price these either online or from other sources.
At this stage you will have a much nicer starting price to work with, and can then ask the dealer what they are going to do to get your business. (remember YOU are the customer here, and have the power to walk away if you are not happy). By the sounds of it you are ready to buy, so make this known, they should do anything to get the deal.

I have purchased both of my cars from Australian Motors at Morphett Vale (I live down South), and have been very happy with the service i have received. I had one incident at Southlands Mitsubishi with servicing (the did not screw on the oil filter after 15000km service, major oil leak, took back twice before they realised the problem), so would never use them again.

Good luck with your negotiations, getting a new car is such an exciting time.
Old 27-08-10

Hi Dave,

I bought from MM at Mt. Barker. I suspect you get similar deals everywhere, but they are less busy than maybe some city ones. If kids are in tow, maybe ring ahead to arrange time with a salesperson.
I am less enthusiastic about their service team though, so was happy with my last service at Australian Motors opposite the show grounds.

Cheers, Dave.
My convoy name was beervan, but when it had all gone my callsign changed.... and has stayed that ever since.
Old 27-08-10

Oh! BTW,
dont forget to decide on 17" vs 18" wheels as talked about a lot on other threads here and you will need the spare wheel lift-kit (as well as the towbar) to attach almost any sort of trailer.
My convoy name was beervan, but when it had all gone my callsign changed.... and has stayed that ever since.
Old 28-08-10
Valued Member

I'll watch this one with interest myself, as I'm not one to try and "wheel and deal" at multiple dealers myself. I'm a bit like hotdog76 as well with Southland's, a nice big dealership, with plenty of vehicles on offer, but it goes a lot deeper than that, doesn't it.

Silver Streak.
Old 28-08-10

Hi Guys

Thanks for feedback.

I reckon I will hire one for a couple of days,load it up and go away.

Then all I need to do is decide on options and get a price (the old car isn't worth much so I might just sell that privately once the new car arrives.

Regards

Dave
Old 28-08-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave69 View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for feedback.

I reckon I will hire one for a couple of days,load it up and go away.

Then all I need to do is decide on options and get a price (the old car isn't worth much so I might just sell that privately once the new car arrives.

Regards

Dave
G/day Dave, I am sure you will buy one after test, I got mine from Duttons Mt Barker also, easy country atmosphere ( even had to make my own coffee ) Just work out the price you want to pay & go for iT..........Bob
Old 30-08-10

I'm from Adelaide and bought my Pajero from Marty V from Knox in Melbourne.

Better service than the dealers I visited here and cheaper by $1500. I got a cheap flight over there and then it was just the taxi fare from the airport to the dealership. I got home on the diesel they supplied me too!!

Very happy!!

In saying that I do take it to Australian Motors in Wayville for servicing and have been extremely happy with them.
Old 31-08-10

Southlands Mitsubishi.

Good dealership and easy to negotiate a deal.

Work out what you want to spend and tell them that is the price. If they want the sale they will talk, if not go to the next dealership.

I got a price from all the dealers in South Aus and Vic and Southlands was the cheapest.

Cheers
Old 31-08-10

Hi Guys

Thanks for your feedback.

I took out a demo today from Duttons at Mount Barker and were impressed with the car and also the people I dealt with.

The car was certainly different to drive compared to the Prado ( but realistically both are very nice cars).

Tomorrow I'll speak to a few dealers to get some prices on the platinum and the GLS (both with diff locks).
The platinum has some great features but I don't really need some of them and I would like to be able to get plain white paint.

Regards

Dave