• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawk-eye
    • Apr 2010
    • South NSW

Slow Long Trips with DPF

Hi everyone.
    I have a question about NX DPF equipped Pajero,s.
    How do you get by with a DPF regen when doing very long slow desert trips, when the speed and exhaust temp wont get near hot enough. Will it go in to LIMP MODE due to not meeting all the requirements for an Automatic Regen. Thinking about doing the Simo including the Madigan Line but wondering about this conundrum.
    Surely someone has done similar trips with a DPF equipped NX.
    Thanks In Advance.
  • oscaroo
    • Dec 2017
    • Sydney

Good question. I dunno. However I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Comment

• Gareth
      • Nov 2012
      • Adelaide (North)

If the light comes on just drive it hard for a bit to get it hot enough to do a regen. I doubt you will have any dramas crossing the Simpson tho. I did it with my NS with the DPF in place and didn't have any issues.
      Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
      Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• DaKaptin
        • Mar 2012
        • Brisbane, Qld

I went out to steep point recently. About 30-40kms of slow sand driving ea h way. No troubles as yet.

Also the saying goes "no news is good news... " so if noone gives an answer then there you go!!
        2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• Garc
          • May 2015
          • Perth

I did southern half of CSR with NS with DPF - days of less than 50kph travel, often less than 20kph. No problem.
          Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by Garc View Post
            I did southern half of CSR with NS with DPF - days of less than 50kph travel, often less than 20kph. No problem.
            Most likely the particulates were SHAKEN out of the DPF rather than being burned
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Handy Andy
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

nx dpf

Gidday gentlemen,
              My offsider complains he has no indication the DPF in his NX is regenerating.....does a light come on on all NX's
              thanks Andy

Comment

• rgrubby
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2018
                • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by Handy Andy View Post
                Gidday gentlemen,
                My offsider complains he has no indication the DPF in his NX is regenerating.....does a light come on on all NX's
                thanks Andy
                Assuming it will be the same as the NS, it will do burns in the background with no indication to the driver apart from running a bit rough. The light will only come on if the filter is so blocked that it will cause a problem. I monitor the exhast temperature with Torque Pro to know when mine is doing one, that's the only reason I linked the rough running to DPF burning.
                2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• Danno47
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Townsville

I would just carry a MUT 3 or equivalent to do a forced stationary regen if the light came on. Problem solved.
                  All these modern DPF equipped 4wd's should be fitted with a DPF regen button in case this ever happens, afaik only Toyota does this (for all the wrong reasons I know but at least they have one)?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X