• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justcruizin
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Brisbane

HELP!!!! ASC and Engine Light = Limp Mode

Went for toSydney today and about 40 km from home I noticed the ASC light on the dash. It was in limp mode too I think as I put the right foot down and nothing happened. I pulled over and shut the paj down and started up again only to get the engine light as well. I managed to get it up to 90 km/h using manual gear shift to get home but not sure if I should drive it to the dealer to get it looked at. Might be a good time use that MM roadside assist. Any ideas out there as to what may be wrong????

It hasn't even done 1000km since its 75k service. Need it sorted before end next week so I can drive home for xmas!

Any help appreciated.
    08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110
  • JoshF
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Brisbane

could be anything but possibly the upper manifold clogged issue could be one guess. Take it too a dealer with engine faults etc and have them solve it is the best bet.
    NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Jemsquash
      • Jan 2010
      • Perth

I had something similar happen to me a couple of months back. It started with ASC light, traction control lights on and limp mode. Turned the car off and back on and it was fine for about a week and then it happened again. Restarted, all good. Later that day all the lights came back on with the engine light this time.

We took it into Mitsubishi the next day and it turned out to be a blocked MAP(Manifold Air Pressure) sensor, which I believe is a design fault. They fixed it for free (under warrantee I think). I'm not sure exactly what they did but they did take the inlet manifold off and if I remember correctly they replaced it. The MAP sensor I think is used mainly to control the turbo.

If this is what has happened to your car then at least you know that it is a common fault.
      If you search for MAP sensor you will probably find a number of posts about it.
      07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• Merts
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2011
        • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Jemsquash View Post
        I'm not sure exactly what they did but they did take the inlet manifold off and if I remember correctly they replaced it. The MAP sensor I think is used mainly to control the turbo.
        They will have replaced the manifold with the NT one. The MAP sensor is up higher and apparently is much less prone to being blocked.
        Merts
        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• justcruizin
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2008
          • Brisbane

Thanks for the replies. I still cant work out how the ASC light has anything to do with the inlet manifold Hopefully MM will sort it before xmas otherwise the travel plans are shot. It has been rather sluggish which I forgot to mention at last service.
          08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• JoshF
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Brisbane

The ASC light is just part of the christmas tree of lights for the overall error, mine also came on when my MAP sensor/manifold error happened
            NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
            Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• ThePup
              • Dec 2010
              • Top End

Originally posted by Jemsquash View Post
              It started with ASC light, traction control lights on and limp mode. Turned the car off and back on and it was fine for about a week and then it happened again. Restarted, all good.

Interesting, that's the same fault I had a couple of times over 3 weeks or so, but only after being in 4H. Took to Mitsu in Darwin, all they found were a series of 'Low Voltage' errors across a few systems, probably left over from when I disconnected the battery to hook up some new lights. Still, they basically gave me the 'No Fault Found' treatment and sent me on my way.

Only 5000km of warranty left, and heading off on about 7000km worth of road trip over Xmas next week. Hope there's no more issues
              White '08 NS VRX, Opposite lock bar, 2" Tough Dog suspension, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Wetseat custom covers front & rear seats, Sandgrabber mats front & rear seats

Comment

• Esteban
                • Jul 2007
                • Sydney NSW

ASC Off/Active Stability Control Error

I am glad that this error condition (ASC OFF and /Active Stability Control) has occurred with other forum members and not just me. I routinely get this error as a result of my fully blanked EGR. I also have a scan gauge 2 which shows this particular error as a P0107 error (Low manifold pressure error) in my case. I am also interested to know why this error combination shows up for a obvious low manifold pressure issue ???
                2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
                Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• fitzy469
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Tom Price

I had the same thing on my NS around 70 000kms and all repaired under warranty... luckily...

Comment

• Jemsquash
                    • Jan 2010
                    • Perth

Originally posted by ThePup View Post
                    Interesting, that's the same fault I had a couple of times over 3 weeks or so, but only after being in 4H. Took to Mitsu in Darwin, all they found were a series of 'Low Voltage' errors across a few systems, probably left over from when I disconnected the battery to hook up some new lights. Still, they basically gave me the 'No Fault Found' treatment and sent me on my way.
                    Now that you mention it, they did ask me if I had disconnected the battery recently. Which I hadn't, not for months anyway.
                    07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• JoshF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by justcruizin View Post

It hasn't even done 1000km since its 75k service. Need it sorted before end next week so I can drive home for xmas!

Any help appreciated.
                      So what did MM say/do??

Comment

• justcruizin
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • Brisbane

Got the call this morning from the dealer and said it was the intake manifold all clogged up and EGR and something else. Will all be taken care of under warranty but wont get the car back till the new year I am pissed at the fact MM know this is a problem and haven't done a recall to fix it. My whole xmas plans are screwed now. No flights avail, hire cars are way too expensive. Guess I wont be going home to see the family this year thanks to MM. Well that is my vent, not happy Jan!

Comment

• Rich
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Canberra

Originally posted by justcruizin View Post
                          Got the call this morning from the dealer and said it was the intake manifold all clogged up and EGR and something else. Will all be taken care of under warranty but wont get the car back till the new year I am pissed at the fact MM know this is a problem and haven't done a recall to fix it. My whole xmas plans are screwed now. No flights avail, hire cars are way too expensive. Guess I wont be going home to see the family this year thanks to MM. Well that is my vent, not happy Jan!
                          I had my manifold changed tonthe NT one a couple of years ago after I complained about rough idling.
                          It appears they may only do it if people complain.

So may be that is a hint for people who have not had it done.

Rich

Comment

• pasniny
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2009

asc and limp mode

All

The reason you go into limp mode is the manifold low pressure fault the reason you have it with blocked egr is when ecu commands that the throttle plate closes to create vacuum to draw in more egr the map sensor is looking for a certain pressure if egr blocked reading is not within range causing too much vacuum i.e. engine light come on.

for those with old manifold get it change the new one still get clogged up i pulled mine off after 150,000 ks and still clogged up it was replaced with NT version at 100,000 ks the map sensor attached to the top of the manifold in the new and on the bottom in the old one so clogging of the outlet is harder in the new

Comment

• justcruizin
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • Brisbane

picked the car up on Fri and drove it home. Noticed wheni picked it up a quick flash of the traction control light and a correspomding lack of power for a few seconds. The car has done a few more times and today it went spastic while driving down the road. Was like traction control and abs going off at the same time all by itself. I stopped and turned the ASC off which fixed it until I had to apply moderate brake pressure and it felt like someone was hammerring the brake pedal from underneath and some horrible clunking noises. If I applied only gentle brake pressure, it was fine. I stopped on the way home and started the car again and all was normal so it appears it is imtermittant. I am concerned tho that the brakes were so badly affected. It is going back to MM again. Would this have anything to do with the work just done with the inlet manifold and the ASC problem????

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X