• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gas55
    • Apr 2015
    • Port Macquarie

Egr delete

Bunged in the full plate at manifold in my 2012 NW at about 70 thou', and it's now done 140,000 with not a problem.
    I tow a caravan, temp. guage never moves no matter how hard the going.
    Have had up to 11k's/litre highway with just the two of us.
    I do my own oil changes with good Penrite and have fitted a K&N filter.

What am I doing wrong???
    Greg

Comment

• terryfirma
      • Oct 2007
      • Clare S.A.

Put a SPC unit in at 80000Kms and have now done 140000Kms in our NT 3.2 and no problems in all that time.
      Tow caravan with no issues
      NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
      ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Well after all the comments...

Judge judy has found there is no issue with the egr delete...case dismissed...

:d:d
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Kingmarz
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2016
          • South Island New Zealand

02 NM Pajero done just over 400,000km and EGR was blanked when I brought it @ 370,000. I have since added catch can and cleaned inlet manifold and removed complete EGR system including cooler and bracket. Engine pulls hard and uses zero oil between services.
          02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

How many KM';s travelled with/Without EGR delete

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post
            02 NM Pajero done just over 400,000km and EGR was blanked when I brought it @ 370,000. I have since added catch can and cleaned inlet manifold and removed complete EGR system including cooler and bracket. Engine pulls hard and uses zero oil between services.
            This goes to show that an operational EGR system did nothing to harm the longevity of this particular engine with respect to engine wear (apart from manifold build up which was cleaned).

I read your comment as the EGR blank being carried out at 370,000km btw, not that it was already blanked when you bought it. Correct me if I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kingmarz
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2016
              • South Island New Zealand

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
              This goes to show that an operational EGR system did nothing to harm the longevity of this particular engine with respect to engine wear (apart from manifold build up which was cleaned).

I read your comment as the EGR blank being carried out at 370,000km btw, not that it was already blanked when you bought it. Correct me if I’m wrong

No you read me wrong!
              My EGR was already blanked when I purchased it so I cannot say how long it had been but the blank plate was as rusty as the manifold so definitely wasn’t done recently. I believe in my knowledge that blanking the EGR would help the longlivity of the engine as you have more complete combustion and better turbo spoil meaning less stress on engine and better economy.
              02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                Valued Member
                • May 2017
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post
                No you read me wrong!

My EGR was already blanked when I purchased it so I cannot say how long it had been but the blank plate was as rusty as the manifold so definitely wasn’t done recently. I believe in my knowledge that blanking the EGR would help the longlivity of the engine as you have more complete combustion and better turbo spoil meaning less stress on engine and better economy.
                Ah gotcha. I take it back. Cheers for the correction

Comment

• Hatto
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Mandurah WA

I've done 100,000km with the EGR disabled. I have no catch can though.
                  Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                  ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• reciprovac
                    • Jan 2011
                    • broadford Victoria, Australia

Egr delete

Originally posted by Talisker View Post
                    I am considering fitting an EGR delete mod to my NW, I do have a catch can fitted. The primary reason for me in fitting the delete is the soot that is going into the engine and the possible detrimental effect this could have on engine life however on the other side of the coin I wonder about the effect on the engine of having higher combustion chamber temperatures as the combustion will get more oxygen and burn hotter. Both are possibly bad for engine life.
                    SO I was wanting to get an idea of how many km's people have got from their cars with or without a form of EGR delete. I would love to get as many responses as possible with no of KM;'s and whether you do or don't have a form of EGR delete fitted.
                    Thanks in advance
                    My Pajero NW 2013 model had 100,000 km on the clock when I had the tappets adjusted ,while the mechanic was in there I requested a manifold clean,he said I would not need it,I insisted.
                    Later he rang to say that the manifold had about 10mm thick of dried soot all around the manifold interior.
                    Once cleaned I bought a SP electronic module ,the vehicle has now done 165,000 since the clean up and module fitted (I do not have a catch can fitted).
                    I tow a 21ft caravan and have no problems with engine temperatures.
                    Like many Diesel mechanics I believe the EGR is just recirculating rubbish into the engine and this will shorten engine life in the long term.
                    Regards
                    2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
                    Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• ErOsion9o
                      • May 2018
                      • Perth

I installed EGR mod a few months ago. Ive done a fair but to my car such as full arb bullbar with all the accessories, 2" lift with 32" MTs.

My usage before the mod was 13.2 per 100. after the mod i average 12.6 /100 doing 110km on long drives.

This is on a 2011 NT

Comment

• Boog
                        • Jul 2018
                        • Perth WA

Egr

Have tried the EGR delete but every time I try it the idling go's up to around 1000 rpm until it has got to operating temp anybody else have this problem?
                        2014 Pajero NX 3.2 DID

Comment

• gas55
                          • Apr 2015
                          • Port Macquarie

No, have not had this or any problem.
                          I have an NW without particulate filter (thank God!)
                          If you have one on the NX, could this have a bearing on your problem?
                          Have you tried the blank plate with a small hole in it?
                          This sometimes works if an engine light comes on after fitting the plate.
                          Greg

Comment

• johndavis125262
                            • Apr 2013
                            • brisbane

im in a challenger and have electronic egr mod for about 6years 90,000km regards john

Comment

• Ian H
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2015
                              • Melbourne

I've clocked up almost 100K with the SPV mod and it's no issue at all.
                              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X