X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underdog
    • Jan 2015
    • Campbelltown, NSW.

Incredible! Will definitely be saving up for one of those kits. Very generous of you to offer such an item mate. Hopefully I'll be sending you a pm sometime soon; we head off to the Cape again in June so preferably I'd like to sort it out before then
    2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
    Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
      Does the lever need to be across in Sports for the paddles to work? Eg, in the Subi, if you were in Auto and flipped a paddle it would down shift and then after a few seconds revert back to full auto.
      The Golf also worked that way, and the Mitsubishi paddles have "OFF" on the "+" paddle, so I guess factory installs work that way too. Unfortunately, my mod works in Sports mode only; I designed a circuit to do as you describe, but got lazy and installed my paddles without it.

Edit: m_and_m developed a plug & play addition to my paddle kit that provides full factory-like functionality for the paddles. Click --> Paddle-mate
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• twisted32
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Well I have a set fitted to my NW courtesy of nj swb, and I can say, that it is the best "driver feel mod" I have done to the Paj. I was a bit dubious at first, "why I already have sports mode, why do I need the paddles..?", but went ahead with it, well, because I could...
        Around town I rarely used sports mode, but now find myself always using the paddles, so I decide what gear I am in (still a manual guy at heart), and the trans ecu is even nice enough to downshift to 1st and 3rd for me if I am feeling too lazy...
        Offroad I always used sports mode anyway (as I said, still a manual die hard), but after 10 days in the High Country with nj, having the paddles made things so much nicer/easier.
        Combine the paddles with a lock up kit, and I am as close to driving a manual as I can get
        MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Lando
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Lake Maquarie NSW

Yep lock up kit will be my next mod
          MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• vladguan
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
            The Golf also worked that way, and the Mitsubishi paddles have "OFF" on the "+" paddle, so I guess factory installs work that way too. Unfortunately, my mod works in Sports mode only; I designed a circuit to do as you describe, but got lazy and installed my paddles without it.
            The wife's outlander can be in sports mode with the paddles without shifting the shifter across and remains in sports mode.
            Please call me Vlad.
            -----------------------
            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• vladguan
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
              Well I have a set fitted to my NW courtesy of nj swb, and I can say, that it is the best "driver feel mod" I have done to the Paj. I was a bit dubious at first, "why I already have sports mode, why do I need the paddles..?", but went ahead with it, well, because I could...
              Around town I rarely used sports mode, but now find myself always using the paddles, so I decide what gear I am in (still a manual guy at heart), and the trans ecu is even nice enough to downshift to 1st and 3rd for me if I am feeling too lazy...
              Offroad I always used sports mode anyway (as I said, still a manual die hard), but after 10 days in the High Country with nj, having the paddles made things so much nicer/easier.
              Combine the paddles with a lock up kit, and I am as close to driving a manual as I can get
              How much did it cost and what was involved? It is one of the things I want to do to mine. Wife does not use it on her Outlander so I wonder if she will notice it missing.
              Please call me Vlad.
              -----------------------
              MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• psproule
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Googong, NSW

I'm in! Could DIY but just as happy to buy a kit if possible Scott. But if you are overwhelmed (as I suspect you will be) let me know and I'll go chasing the bits myself. Need to investigate your TC lockup too as I need same.

Someone asked why you would want this mod. Having another car with the convenience of paddle shift, and using our NX to tow quite a bit, I can tell you that having access to shift up / down from the steering wheel will be a godsend. They should have come from the factory with this.

Pat
                2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Scouter1
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • Sydney NSW

PM sent

Cheers,
                  Stephen
                  2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                    Just read the first post. LOL. NJSWB, you willing to swap panels to reduce the cost a little? As in, I give you my panels so that you can use them for the next kit?
                    Hi Vlad,

I'm happy to consider this, but I don't know what's a fair price. I originally asked my wrecker for the paddle assembly; when I then added the covers and some connectors he simply threw them in. Now that I've drained him of suitable parts I need to start looking further afield, and try to find what I need for similar total cost.

Hopefully I'll have more time to work on this tomorrow.

Cheers,

Scott
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

The story so far:

I have orders / significant interest from 7 members:
                      1. Lando
                      2. Drjohn11
                      3. pjchris
                      4. Scouter1
                      5. psproule
                      6. letsgoplaces
                      7. vladguan

Thanks for your interest. As previously indicated, finding the required parts is the key, and I'm not getting much encouragement from wreckers here in Adelaide. The wrecker I started with has been good to me, but they've pretty much been drained dry, and other wreckers who have the parts are asking for significantly more.

So, I think I can find most of the bits new, either from Australian stock or ordering from overseas, at prices that are comparable with (or better than) the wreckers are quoting.

So, for the seven members above, I'm happy to proceed with new parts, at my original price, including freight. For subsequent orders, I'll need to add freight - say $25. But this will be with new parts (except possibly the connectors for the wiring harness - some of those might still come from wreckers).

To get the pricing I need, I need to order in batches, and some stuff I'm being quoted 1-2 months for delivery. So, before I order batches of parts, are there any additional expressions of interest, for kits with new paddles & (hand-cut) steering column covers? Do I order enough for 10 sets, or take the plunge and order for more? How do the original 7 feel if it blows out to 2 months?

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Lando
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2013
                        • Lake Maquarie NSW

Yeah im fine with that....4 weeks till the wedding then 4 weeks on our honeymoon so not much proper driving for two months anyways lol
                        MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• pjchris
                          • Jun 2007

Two months is ok with me as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• letsgoplaces
                            • Jul 2014
                            • Adelaide

All good here as well.
                            Good things come to those who wait

Comment

• vladguan
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Adelaide

Leave me out for the time being as I have to get approval from the CFO. Kind of hard to do when I just purchased a refurbished Uniden 5060. Still need to purchase an antenna.
                              Please call me Vlad.
                              -----------------------

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X