Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perrys
    • Jan 2012
    • Wollongong

Installed a Triton nudge bar on mine today. Now have to decide... do I put my old Lightforce driving lights on or go shopping
    Challenger LS Manual 2011 MY12 - with some bits and pieces

Comment

• PBding
      • May 2010
      • Canberra

Bent the nudge bar back onto the grille area, following an emu strike twixt Wanaaring and Tibooburra, car and van still mobile. Travelling companions say bullbar would have been better. Maybe a steel one, but it was a big bird not a chicken and alloy bar may have suffered a bit as well.
      NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• 02-SR5
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • Toowoomba

Black Widow roller drawers with fridge slide now fitted.

I had to modify the installation as I didn't want to drill holes in the floor. Also modified the main frame for ease of access to spare wheel winch.

Rob
        MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• RMX
          • Apr 2011
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by Black Challenger View Post
          Can you take a photo from the front or rear of the Challenger, I'm interested in the amount of overhang on each side of the roof.
          Sorry, I'd missed this post.

Here's a shot of the front, The overhang is minimal and the cross bars could easily be cut down a few cm to bring them in ..
          The first XROX equipped Challenger.

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

*Click links above to be taken to each build post*

Comment

• Black Challenger
            • Nov 2010
            • Perth

Nice, looks like theres less overhang than the ARB option.
            2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.

Comment

• Chris4x4
              • May 2012
              • Geelong

Challenger pic on recent trip couple of observations. LS alloys act like paddles flicking mud everywhere giving that "outback" look very quickly. Standard tyres no good in black/grey soil swampy area. First bog needed to be pulled out locked all diffs and low range car moved about 2 inches = fail. Towed about 800kg effortlessly auto is smooth picked right gear for every hiil on cruise. Suspension very good offroad, dust sealing excellent no dust inside. Car very quiet and smooth at cruising speeds. This car is shaping up to be a keeper for me anyway Cheers
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Chall 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	961379
              2022 Paj Sport, Grey, nicely hidden factory towbar, thanks MM,

Comment

• Chris4x4
                • May 2012
                • Geelong

couple trip pics

Name:	trip pic 2.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	961382

Name:	trip pic 3.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	961383

Name:	trip pic 4.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	961384

Comment

• DaveXT
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Melbourne Outer East

Photos are a little dark, can you please explain the action?

Comment

• Chris4x4
                    • May 2012
                    • Geelong

Originally posted by DaveXT View Post
                    Photos are a little dark, can you please explain the action?
                    Photos are very good but large files having trouble loading them on here without lots of compression don't know how to do it. Photos are of sunset over a swampy area and our campsite out the back of Hillston. The Feb floods have filled many of these areas and it's truly magnificent. Ferals are everywhere and birdlife is better than I,ve ever seen it. Foxes are fat, cats are thick, bunnies by the millions and even stopped a nice boar. Try to get a few shots of Chall but she got dirty real quick and grey looks nicer clean. Not real outback Birdsville Track/Cape York like you guys do but beautiful none the less. Gotta love Australia
                    Cheers

Comment

• DaveXT
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Melbourne Outer East

Thanks Chris, understand what your saying about the photos.
                      Those few words really helped to paint the picture. Thanks!

Comment

• Ovets
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Canberra

Ok, so not today but thought I'd share what I've been up to with the Challenger over the last few weeks.

First up is a set of cargo drawers.

My father-in-law is a gun with a welder and previously made some drawers for his Nissan Patrol. After doing all our measurements and calculations we came up with a side-by-side drawer setup. Frame is all square tube metal while the top and drawers are MDF. Left hand drawer is for camping stuff such as crockery, cutlery, tea, coffee etc while the right hand drawer is for recovery gear and some tools. The right hand drawer is shorter than the left hand one because at the front is a space for...

A dual battery setup. The battery is connected to the main battery via a Redarc solenoid; I added 3 x 12v sockets to the panel on the drivers side in the cargo area where I believe the rear aircon controls are on the XLS. I also ran cable down to the rear bumper and added an Anderson plug so I can hook up our camper trailer.

I picked up an ARB fridge at the Sydney camping show and as my wife is on the short side, I decided to go with one of the drop slides so everything inside was accessible.

Last addition was a Safari Snorkel.

I'm not planning on any major water crossings but its always good to know that you're covered if that river's a bit deeper than you thought!

Next addition will be a pair of driving lights - better go and start buttering up the wife!

Cheers,

Richard
                        2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers

Comment

• 02-SR5
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Toowoomba

I fitted my GME3100 UHF.

I have fitted it inside the center console. I have run the cables through the hole where the 12v outlet goes in the up spec model. Hand set runs out the side where the little cable notch is under the lid. External GME speaker mounted under the dash. The only thing you can see is the antenna and the hand set. No units or cables are able to be seen from with in the cabin.

Rob
                          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• stuartiross
                            • Nov 2011
                            • ACT

Rob, any pictures ... sounds like the exact setup I'm looking to do ...
                            Stu Ross
                            PB LS 2012, silver, manual, ARB deluxe bullbar, HR Towbar, Anderson plug, Neoprene seat covers, Uniden 7740, Lightforce 170's, Bushskinz complete set, Airtek snorkel, RedArc Brake Controller, Recovery Points, X20 Smittybilt winch, OME suspension

Blog : http://rossmob.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

• 02-SR5
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Toowoomba

No worries mate, I will post something later today.

Rob

Comment

• 02-SR5
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2010
                                • Toowoomba

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X