• Jun 2015
    • ACT

ACCC fine 4wd Supacentre for misleading advertising

Link to the site;

• Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Supercheep, bunnings, bcf, spotlight...endless list. The % off is just nothing short of outright lies and false advertising. The markup on the stores I mentioned is far greater than most. I can remember as a younger man that a sale was actually a sale!! Normally once a year and bargains to be had. Now its all bullshit and con jobs!!

If you dont spend a bit of time checking prices out from various retailers...well...you can expect to get ripped off..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      Supercheep, bunnings, bcf, spotlight...endless list. The % off is just nothing short of outright lies and false advertising. The markup on the stores I mentioned is far greater than most. I can remember as a younger man that a sale was actually a sale!! Normally once a year and bargains to be had. Now its all bullshit and con jobs!!

If you dont spend a bit of time checking prices out from various retailers...well...you can expect to get ripped off..
      Value is the buyers perception, not the price.
      Deceptive behaviour & the got caught out which is good, although what they do now doesn't differ that much

Shop blind & believe retailers marketing strategies, you can expect to possibly get touched up, interest free or "discounted" prices, just don't look at prices in the market any other time & if you think you got "the bargain" then you did if that is your perception.
      Geez jewelery shops been 50% off longer than i've been alive as an example, do people actually believe it?? They must?

Till this day fascinates me people believe in the interest rate sales tool, interest free or 1% etc. People really believe someone is loaning money for nothing?
      Considering loaning money is a business even if within a business, which it is generally a 3rd party, it's not happening for free, trust me !!
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Nab
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Perth

About 4 years ago mate bought a new Mazda 6 wagon ($41k) for his missus. Had the cash in the bank but they offered him some finance deal that, over the 5 years cost him less than $2k in interest and fees. I reckon that’s pretty good going!! He invested the money elsewhere and was well in front.

Look, super cheap sell reasonable stuff at a cheap price, who cares about the sales/was/new prices, just know what your buying!! I have 2 of their double swags, cost about $220 each delivered a few years ago. They are still doing their job and haven’t fallen apart. It was either get them or don’t get any at all, Aussie ones in that size are $600+ each, hard to justify for the few trips a year use they get.
        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Pyro1970
          • Dec 2019
          • Adelaide

Trouble is with 4wd supacentre is the inflated prices at the start eg new product. And then after a while it drops 40%

Comment

• skins2380
            • Jun 2015
            • ACT

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

Never a truer word said Dicko

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

[QUOTE=Nab;624442] About 4 years ago mate bought a new Mazda 6 wagon ($41k) for his missus. Had the cash in the bank but they offered him some finance deal that, over the 5 years cost him less than $2k in interest and fees. I reckon that’s pretty good going!! He invested the money elsewhere and was well in front.

Yes exactly as you said 100%, he perceives someone loaned him money & it only cost him $2,000 over 60 months included fees, therefore it is an exceptional deal & great value, everyone is happy & he now owns that dream car.
              That is exactly the perception they were trying to achieve & valued added to his purchase via interest rate, the deal is great as you say & he is one happy camper.

I wonder why they prefered to finance & not take the cash, they also could have made that return?? ?

I've been using finance for 15 years as a sales tool.
              It can be reasonable value depending on the prgramme structure & subsidised by adding the earn across all units on that programme as they know there penetration rate with finance on average if it is a corporate finance deal at a wholesale level.

Loaning money is a business & I haven't known of any financiers of any description who do it without a reasonable & quite healthy return.

Example, I sold a mower today, no deposit, zero % finance & discounted the mower.
              One happy buyer I must say, he got a great deal, very happy which is great.

Perception = value & ones reality.
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X