• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • happytraveller
    • Aug 2015
    • Melville WA

Car wont start after changing in tank fuel filter

Have just changed the in tank fuel filter and now pump is working but fuel not coming through. No idea why???
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Give us a bit of info on your vehicle – petrol, diesel, model etc. It’s best to set all that up in your signature and then it comes up automatically when you make a post.

Cheers

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Aumissions
      • Apr 2010
      • Bunbury, WA

I have changed the in tank fuel filter on my petrol NP. Since the car is not starting and the pump is working. The first thing I would check would be if the fuel line hoses were put on correctly. It would not be hard to mix them up.
      2004 NP GLS 3.8 Auto, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, O/L Rear Bar, Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovells, Cooper LT AT3, Lightforce 170's, GME TX3340

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

I assume you have a petrol engine. Years ago, my NL was converted to gas/petrol, and the guy who did the job stuffed around with the petrol pump bracket to stop it vibrating on the floor of the new petrol tank. Result was that I ran out of petrol after using 30L... He replaced the tank and reset the bracket back to original position, but when I was out on the West Coast of Tasmania, the pump fell off the bracket and pulled the discharge hose off. I could hear the pump running but the engine would not start fair enough - the hose was not connected. I suspect you may have the same problem. I finished up doing the job myself and then zip tied the pump to the bracket.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X