• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonno
    • Mar 2012
    • Brisbane

looks fantastic mate!

Mind asking how much? and where you got fitted out at?
    2001 NM Exceed | 2012-15
    2015 NX Pajero | 2015 - One mod at a time

Comment

• cshaks
      • Aug 2017
      • Altona

Originally posted by Jonno View Post
      looks fantastic mate!

Mind asking how much? and where you got fitted out at?
      Thanks mate, the platform kit retails for around $1400 and the fitting was $300.
      I got it done at roofrack superstore in Preston (Melbourne). The guys there did a very good job of fitting, which involved dropping the roof lining out of the car, so a pretty big task.
      I'm very happy with the end result.
      Chris

Comment

• keenkean
        • Jan 2016
        • Central Coast NSW

Does anyone know length rhino tray will not completely block the sunroof?

What rhino tray size is everyone recommending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ant_schomacker
          • Feb 2017
          • Coen (Cape York)

Cshaks do you happen to still have the part numbers handy?

I’ve been really happy with the pioneer platform, however it would appear that the OE roof rails aren’t liking even that little bit of weight (platform and awning) on the roads up here. It’s developed a real rattle in the front right (right above my head).

I’m looking to change to something that’s hopefully more solid. I like the looks of the rhino backbone system, but nothing available for a Pajero.

Or if anyone else knows something else compatible with the pioneer tray please?

Thanks
          Ant

Comment

• cshaks
            • Aug 2017
            • Altona

Hi Ant, here are the part numbers that I bought.
            Hoe it helps mate.
            Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

• Abbel
              • May 2018
              • Iowa,Des Moines

I just got the factory racks. List for about $250 but I got them for less because I bought them with the car. Thule is much more expensive. I had them on 2 previous cars and was not impressed.

Comment

• signo1985
                • Sep 2017
                • Perth

Hi guys,
                i have a glx-r so a NW rather than an NX but shouldn't matter.

i am in the market for a platform and of course the rhino piooner is a candidate
                Can someone shed some light on the following? For example i can't even find on the website what the difference is between the SX and the "standard" one.
                They all look the same to me but have different product codes?? (44102B vs 42102B vs JA9135)
                Cheers.

The Pioneer Platform is designed to be tough and allows you to load or unload your gear quickly and easily.

The Pioneer Platform is designed to be tough and allows you to load or unload your gear quickly and easily.

Explore Pioneer Platform by Rhino-Rack - A stylishly low-profile design and the most versatile and modular full rack on the market .
                Last edited by signo1985; 23-10-18, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• lukeric
                  • Mar 2012
                  • NSW

Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
                  Hi guys,
                  i have a glx-r so a NW rather than an NX but shouldn't matter.

i am in the market for a platform and of course the rhino piooner is a candidate
                  Can someone shed some light on the following? For example i can't even find on the website what the difference is between the SX and the "standard" one.
                  They all look the same to me but have different product codes?? (44102B vs 42102B vs JA9135)
                  Cheers.

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...1236mm-_ja9135
                  Depends how you want to attach it.

You don't want the sx.
                  If attaching straight to factory rails you want 10102b with a rail kit added.
                  Then there's the option of backbone kit.

Comment

• miniyazz
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Alice Springs

Originally posted by lukeric View Post

You don't want the sx.
                    Could you elaborate on why? I recently bought and fitted the SX (44102B). Actually I bought the JA9135 which is a kit that includes the 44102B (the roof rack) and the SX100 (feet that attach the 44102B to the factory rails), signo1985.
                    No problems so far although I am aware of the reduced weight-carrying ability from a theoretical 100kg max to 80kg max due to using the factory rails.

The 42102B is a variant of the 44102B which fits the Pajero NM-NP whereas the 44102B fits the Pajero NS-NX.

Comment

• lukeric
                      • Mar 2012
                      • NSW

Originally posted by miniyazz View Post
                      Could you elaborate on why? I recently bought and fitted the SX (44102B). Actually I bought the JA9135 which is a kit that includes the 44102B (the roof rack) and the SX100 (feet that attach the 44102B to the factory rails), signo1985.
                      No problems so far although I am aware of the reduced weight-carrying ability from a theoretical 100kg max to 80kg max due to using the factory rails.

The 42102B is a variant of the 44102B which fits the Pajero NM-NP whereas the 44102B fits the Pajero NS-NX.
                      I asked the same to the rhino rep at recent camping show, he said because they sit higher compared to using rail mount kit.

I have mine currently mounted on rails but I'm not real happy with how flimsy they are so I'm looking at changing to a track type system.

Comment

• lukeric
                        • Mar 2012
                        • NSW

I asked the same to the rhino rep at recent camping show, he said because they sit higher compared to using rail mount kit.

I have mine currently mounted on rails but I'm not real happy with how flimsy they are so I'm looking at changing to a track type system.
                        Oops just reread your post, you have the same system as me.

I refer to the first link in saying sx, it is the pioneer platform sx.
                        With roof racks mounted underneath.

Comment

• signo1985
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Perth

Ok ive got a clearer picture now. Just realised that at the bottom of the page for the JA9135 kit there was the Product Breakdown lol.
                          And the 42102b is ruled out as it fits older model.

You don't want the sx.
                          Emh.....why are you saying i shouldn't go with the SX?
                          I am looking at fitting the platform straight onto the oem bars for now, same as your setup. Looking the JA9135 link and following the fit my car link it looks like the SX it's the only platform I can have (in that size of course)
                          Also...what is the 10102b? Cant find it anywhere on the website
                          Last edited by signo1985; 24-10-18, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Glenne79
                            • Aug 2018
                            • NSW

Have a look at the backbone system- i am... it looks pretty sleek. However to install i believe you need to access the rail bolts which are under the interior roof lining... bit of a pain.

The other contender is Frontrunner, but I haven't found many stocmist for them.
                            NX GLX 2016 MY17: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Redarc tow pro elite | Cooper AT3 LT 265/60R18 | Munji EGR | Provent 200 Catch Can | Traction Control Mod | Boos Rear Bumper | Boos Underbody Protection | MM4X4 Automate...

Comment

• miniyazz
                              • Jul 2018
                              • Alice Springs

Oops just reread your post, you have the same system as me.

I refer to the first link in saying sx, it is the pioneer platform sx.
                              With roof racks mounted underneath.
                              I agree the factory rails aren't quite as solid as is possible but the simple act of affixing a roof rack which attaches at four points across the rails actually helps to stabilise them and make them feel more solid - since they have to all move as one.

For me the trade-off on that 'solidity' and lower weight limits was in favour of the Pioneer SX system, in part because of the relatively infrequent use - I've only used it once in the past few months which was to cart a load of firewood collected outside a National Park for a campfire at the destination.

See below for a picture; I'm pretty happy with how low it sits compared to the roof of the car.

Comment

• signo1985
                                • Sep 2017
                                • Perth

Originally posted by miniyazz View Post
                                I agree the factory rails aren't quite as solid as is possible but the simple act of affixing a roof rack which attaches at four points across the rails actually helps to stabilise them and make them feel more solid - since they have to all move as one.

For me the trade-off on that 'solidity' and lower weight limits was in favour of the Pioneer SX system, in part because of the relatively infrequent use - I've only used it once in the past few months which was to cart a load of firewood collected outside a National Park for a campfire at the destination.

See below for a picture; I'm pretty happy with how low it sits compared to the roof of the car.

*cut*

That look awesome, exactly what im after.
                                So that is the the sx platform isn't it?

In a few weeks time the annual 4wd show will be back in perth....do you think we could have a chance of getting a cheaper price on this and few other things??

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X