• Show
Clear All
  • DaveE66
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2010
    • Mannum SA

Stickers from ebay

Might have to put one of these on my mates hilux while he is not looking

NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Knowing the meaning of Pajero in another country I'm not really sure on that sticker.
    Last edited by Goodsy; 03-03-13, 10:23 PM.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• DaveE66
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2010
      • Mannum SA

See your point.
      NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,

Comment

• Diff Locker
        • Feb 2013
        • west Hoxton NSW

Guys, i also did some looking into the name pajero and i found that it is also the name of a tpye of south american wild cat!!

From Memory the very early pajero have an emblem of a sphynx looking cat on the top left of tail gate And i just realized the picture is on the top left of the forum page!!

For me the name sound good "PAJERO" and supported by a worthy Mascot.

i'ts like some of the Music that you have listened to in the past and liked, that later on you realize what its about!!

Comment

• Bernoulli
          • Jun 2007
          • Oregon, USA

Originally posted by Diff Locker View Post
          Guys, i also did some looking into the name pajero and i found that it is also the name of a tpye of south american wild cat!!
          In parts of Latin America it means wanker.
          89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Bernoulli View Post
            In parts of Latin America it means wanker.
            That's supposed to be why they changed the name to Shogun when they sold it in the US of A. Aussie's don't seem to mind - unless you are a Toyota or Nissan driver

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

"Hah hah that's a wankers car."
              "so?"
              "So your a wanker?"
              "Now and then. Don't you?"

Blank face I win.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Bernoulli
                • Jun 2007
                • Oregon, USA

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
                That's supposed to be why they changed the name to Shogun when they sold it in the US of A. Aussie's don't seem to mind - unless you are a Toyota or Nissan driver

Geoff
                The name was changed to Montero for the U.S. Shogun is U.K.
                Not many Aussies speak Spanish. Lots of Americans do.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                  "so?"
                  "So your a wanker?"

Blank face I win.

Although I thought is was sold as the Montero in the U.S. & Shogun in some European & other markets.
                  Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                  "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • Maitland, NSW

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                    "so?"
                    "So your a wanker?"

Blank face I win.
                    Well played Goodsy.

I've looked into it a few times, there is a UK guy on youtube who is trying to get an offensive word from an Argentinean and guess what that word is he's after haha
                    They don't use the J though, it's "pa-he-ro", so technically it does not mean "", it just sounds similar. Just like truck sounds a bit like.........

Pajero is named after the mountain cat "Leopardus pajeros" which is native to Argentina. If said in context to offend, then it kinda is an offensive word whether you pronounce it with a J or H.

Argentinean explaining an English guy how to say Wanker (PAJERO) in Spanish!
                    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Jamesy3000
                      • Apr 2012
                      • Kingaroy

Someone has posted a decent explanation of the translation on exploreoz http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/...ced_Wrong.aspx
                      It's pretty much what I have read before, Paja means straw - Pajero means person who carries straw. It's more of a slang term for wanker than a literal translation i.e. someone who plays with their "straw" too much....
                      A more literal translation of wanker would be Prado or Landcruiser wouldn't it? As in I paid way too much for a Toyota badge

GO THE PAJ
                      2010 NT Pajero VRX - O/L 3 loop bullbar, Lightforce Striker 170, Oricom UHF, Lovells Raised Coils & Shocks with Polyair Air Bags, TBA HD towbar with Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller, Maxxis MT-762 Bighorns, Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards, Rhino Track System, Tigerz11 roof basket, Flip N Easy Boat loader, bluetooth obd11 scanner, wireless reversing Camera, Navman MiVue 388 Crash Cam, SPVi EGR Mk3.1, Airtek Snorkel

Comment

• DaveE66
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • Mannum SA

Originally posted by Jamesy3000 View Post
                        Someone has posted a decent explanation of the translation on exploreoz http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/...ced_Wrong.aspx
                        It's pretty much what I have read before, Paja means straw - Pajero means person who carries straw. It's more of a slang term for wanker than a literal translation i.e. someone who plays with their "straw" too much....
                        A more literal translation of wanker would be Prado or Landcruiser wouldn't it? As in I paid way too much for a Toyota badge

GO THE PAJ
                        How funny is that, but true

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jamesy3000 View Post

GO THE PAJ
                          hahaha Love it!
                          | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                          | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                          | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                          | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• Bernoulli
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Oregon, USA

Like everyone else in the world, the Latin Americans like plays on words. When I was in Colombia (1965) and Esso (petroleum co.) had the slogan "Let us put a tiger in your tank.", In Colombia it "Tenga el tigre en su tanka" (I think that's it) which means "Let me put mi tiger in your tank."

Then there was the Chevy Nova. Nova means No go in Spanish.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • Peakhurst, Sydney

This event would have to indisputably be right up there for the largest gathering in the world, of vehicles owned/driven by real 'WRS', or as Jeremy Clakson calls them, 'CKS'; http://youtu.be/gECtG1-cdj8
                              Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                              "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X