Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Do you have a MY17+ NX? Will you help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Do you have a MY17+ NX? Will you help me?

Hi All,
    For those who don't know me I'm the designer and developer of auto-mate and lockup-mate.
    3 years of development behind these products and still I get surprised, and need your collective help to determine when Mitsubishi changed the transmission programming...again.

In the NT and NW (-09-'14) they programmed a flex-lockup mode into the trans. In the NX (2015-?) they removed it. I've now found in a MY20 NX they've put it back in. WTF?

What is flex-lockup mode? Essentially the AISIN transmission in the Gen4 Paj supports a 'half' lockup mode of the torque converter which is used under very light accleration to reduce slip and save fuel.
    You can feel it in operation if you're driving slightly downhill at 60-65kph and lightly touch the accelerator (<20%). The RPM will soon drop from ~1500 to ~1250 as flex lockup activates.

Why do I need your help? I'm trying to determine when they re-introduced it after 2016.
    My own MY16 doesn't have it, but I've just found the MY20 now does. Knowning if the trans has flex lockup mode help me avoid a CEL in lockup-mate and auto-mate.

Can people try it in their NX MY17+ vehicles and let me know if you have this feature. Please include your vehicle build date.

Thanks for your assistance.. Cheers Marshall
    Last edited by m_and_m; 25-10-20, 02:59 PM.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Might be when the introduced the DPF in the MY 17 NX. They fiddled with the gearing.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      Might be when the introduced the DPF in the MY 17 NX. They fiddled with the gearing.
      Dave
      I thought maybe the same, but haven’t had any reported issues with Lockupmate in these (yet).
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
        I thought maybe the same, but haven’t had any reported issues with Lockupmate in these (yet).
        That's the problem with making a good product. People appreciate how good it is, and don't realise it could be (was?) better. It's probably only those who experienced your product in an earlier version Pajero can pick what's not quite as good as it was.

C'mon folks! Those with MY17+ NX and one of Marshall's products - post up! If I know Marshall like I think I do, he'll make your product better for you! But only if people post up!
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• m_and_m
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          That's the problem with making a good product. People appreciate how good it is, and don't realise it could be (was?) better. It's probably only those who experienced your product in an earlier version Pajero can pick what's not quite as good as it was.

C'mon folks! Those with MY17+ NX and one of Marshall's products - post up! If I know Marshall like I think I do, he'll make your product better for you! But only if people post up!
          Thanks NJ, but you don’t even need one of my products to help!! I just want to know when the stock ECU program brought back flex lockup! But then, if you get one of our products you’ll reap the benefits, as will anyone else who a later model NX.

Comment

• Old Paj
            Pajero Club Life Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Heathcote, Vic

AutoMate

I guess I am in that boat, NX purchased Jan 17, Build date Oct 16

Will try to have a go tomorrow and report back.
            NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
              I guess I am in that boat, NX purchased Jan 17, Build date Oct 16

Will try to have a go tomorrow and report back.
              That would be awesome. Thx

Comment

• diflocker
                • May 2011
                • Townsville

HI Marshall,

I have a Gls Pajero, listed on the Mitsi web site by VIN as a MY 2017 Gls Pajero manufacture date of 10 month 2016. Its has the DPF and high ratio diff.

I cant get mine to replicate the drop in revs under the specs you mentioned. An increase of the throttle always results in higher revs.

Diflocker

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by diflocker View Post
                  HI Marshall,

I have a Gls Pajero, listed on the Mitsi web site by VIN as a MY 2017 Gls Pajero manufacture date of 10 month 2016. Its has the DPF and high ratio diff.

I cant get mine to replicate the drop in revs under the specs you mentioned. An increase of the throttle always results in higher revs.

Diflocker
                  Thanks so much Difflocker.
                  So, it looks like the MY17 doesn't have flex lockup
                  Now for MY18, MY19 and MY20? Anyone??

Comment

• oscaroo
                    • Dec 2017
                    • Sydney

I have an MY18 but I haven't gone out in several days with all this covid and WFH. I may be going out on the weekend so i'll try remember to do it then.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
                      I have an MY18 but I haven't gone out in several days with all this covid and WFH. I may be going out on the weekend so i'll try remember to do it then.
                      Thanks for your help. 👍

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Victoria

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                        Thanks so much Difflocker.
                        So, it looks like the MY17 doesn't have flex lockup
                        Now for MY18, MY19 and MY20? Anyone??

Is there a PID associated with this i coud look for? that may have been deleted?
                        I may not get to drive these models, but if i can quickly plug in and get some info i will.
                        2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Ozzz
                          • May 2019
                          • Brisbane

I have a 2019 April built My20. I have a feeling mine has that. But I never check the rev and will do it today.
                          My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
                            Is there a PID associated with this i coud look for? that may have been deleted?
                            I may not get to drive these models, but if i can quickly plug in and get some info i will.
                            Not that I’m aware of. I’d need to go reverse engineer the CANBus data to find something.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2019
                              • Victoria

I had a look at a data list today and saw "Lock up solenoid' with a duty % cycle reading.

I haven't heard of the term "flex lockup" so i wonder if this is the same thing. Im driving a Nov18 build first thing so will look and do a drive record whilst i'm there
                              2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X