• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old pops
    • Aug 2020
    • United Kingdom

Oil catch can

Hi I’ve just ordered an oil catch can kit from western filters in Australia ,not bad price until I got hit with customs duty of £58 ,crazy price ,worst thing is the only other company over here that does a similar kit is £100 dearer I envy you guys over there you get loads of kit for your 4x4s for reasonable prices,unlike over here anything different from a Land Rover and you are going to pay dearly
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Old pops View Post
    Hi I’ve just ordered an oil catch can kit from western filters in Australia ,not bad price until I got hit with customs duty of £58 ,crazy price ,worst thing is the only other company over here that does a similar kit is £100 dearer I envy you guys over there you get loads of kit for your 4x4s for reasonable prices,unlike over here anything different from a Land Rover and you are going to pay dearly

Thats a bit rude...Anyways Pop at least you know that your engine will be a lot better off with a quality catch can and should save a lot of money by eliminating manifold cleans..

I see you guys are in a bit of strife with the corona virus...stay safe and hope things improve.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Old pops
      • Aug 2020
      • United Kingdom

Thanks butty ,I’m living in wales ,just starting another lock down over kids holidays ,meant to be fore two weeks but can see it going on longer ,doesn’t help that they opened hospitality events and loads of village idiots have been out clubbing and getting pissed ,we need a harder approach like you guys are doing over there ,but who am I to judge just a statistic ,think I’m going to order another kit for the wife’s car after servicing it this weekend and spending ages cleaning out egr valve shame customs charges so much .Thanks for the replay butty take care and be safe 👍

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Thanks butty ,I’m living in wales ,just starting another lock down over kids holidays ,meant to be fore two weeks but can see it going on longer ,doesn’t help that they opened hospitality events and loads of village idiots have been out clubbing and getting pissed ,we need a harder approach like you guys are doing over there ,but who am I to judge just a statistic ,think I’m going to order another kit for the wife’s car after servicing it this weekend and spending ages cleaning out egr valve shame customs charges so much .Thanks for the replay butty take care and be safe 👍

Dont worry mate...we have plenty of the village idiots over here as well that consider their needs far more important than the health of everybody else...
        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Old pops
          • Aug 2020
          • United Kingdom

😂 yer think they are everywhere I’ve just ordered an egr delete cable from over there, I know they are not legal as such ,but what do you think of it if it was legal,should help keep inlet cleaner as well ?

Comment

• Mundy55
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Gold Coast

Its the other way around here. I used to have a Land Rover Discovery and parts here are very expensive (as are all European vehicle parts).

Comment

• Uxxo
              • Oct 2017
              • Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              Thats a bit rude...Anyways Pop at least you know that your engine will be a lot better off with a quality catch can and should save a lot of money by eliminating manifold cleans..

I see you guys are in a bit of strife with the corona virus...stay safe and hope things improve.
              I use an EGR delete kit and my manifold is fairly clean, however, I am not so sure about the money saving part. The inlet manifold has to come out when adjusting the valves, at that point it is worth to clean it properly anyway, even with a catch can and EGR delete kit

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Uxxo View Post
                I use an EGR delete kit and my manifold is fairly clean, however, I am not so sure about the money saving part. The inlet manifold has to come out when adjusting the valves, at that point it is worth to clean it properly anyway, even with a catch can and EGR delete kit

Put catch can and egr delete on vehicle from brand new. Tappets physically done at 40,000klms....manifold perfectly clean....
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Old pops
                  • Aug 2020
                  • United Kingdom

Great thanks guys take care 🍺

Comment

• Old pops
                    • Aug 2020
                    • United Kingdom

Just got my catch can for my 2014 shogun and what I thought would be a nw pajero, but to my unlucky life the pipes were all wrong managed to cut and finally fit it with slight modifications,but looking on their website it looks like the can I needed is for the nx late 2016 pajero as the pipes seem to have the correct bends,my fault should have checked pipes on shogun before buying it but jus assumed that the nw pajero would be the same

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X