• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marstr
    • Apr 2024

89 NF V6 Suspension??

Hi Everyone
    Have joined the forum recently and spent a fair time cruising the site - Excellent resource so I thought I would use it to get some info from you all.

Having just put in a new motor, I'm now looking to replace the suspension throughout my dear old bus (spring/tortion) as the years of living on the west coast of SA are catching up with it.

Any suggestions about kit brands? Having recently moved to the big smoke it needs to cope with reasonable rear loads due to fridge, esky, camper, and spare on rear door.

Ironman, Bilstein seem to be popular. I have had a quote for ARB at $2100 fitted but that seems a more than some of the other brands available.
    Cheers.
    Attached Files
  • NS Rob
    • Jun 2007
    • Ipswich, QLD

Very happy with the 2" lifted Tough Dog's on my 89 banger.
    Cheers,
    Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
    1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

• Loco
      • Jul 2007

See the post that is running at the moment about vibrations before you go lifting it above standard height, there are problems that start to surface probably 12months into the height adjustment over standard (it's a real bummer unless you re-engineer the diff mounts)

See here

and here

Rear springs (Kings) approx $150
      Front HD torsion $450
      Shocks no name $80 each or name brand $140 thereabouts, plus any bushes that are worn. Probably do the job for less than that above price if you can do the labour yourself.

Cheers

Loco

Comment

Thanks . Interesting reading Loco and some food for thought. cheers

Comment

• demon
          • Jun 2007

Hi, Have the same bus as yours , have fitted Kings Progressive Rear Springs 2" lift and Monroe Gas Rider Shocks all round , bars a bit sagged but wound up OK, I also have Poly Airs for when loaded and with the van. only need air in them when fully loaded ( 15lb 0.
          Cheers Des.

Comment

Originally posted by demon View Post
            Hi, Have the same bus as yours , have fitted Kings Progressive Rear Springs 2" lift and Monroe Gas Rider Shocks all round , bars a bit sagged but wound up OK, I also have Poly Airs for when loaded and with the van. only need air in them when fully loaded ( 15lb 0.
            Cheers Des.
            Thanks. I thought about poly bags but my leaf springs have just had it anyway. I have Monroe shocks on the rear now but they have just okay. Kings seem to be bobbing up as a popular option. Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X